Highlighted
mayorofmantown
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Soundbar 700 - Crackling Sound

I have been loving my Soundbar 700 since I picked it up on launch week. All has been great up until now. Recently I have been hearing a crackling noise on deep base sounds when watching my Apple TV. I hear it sometimes on other sources but more so on the Apple TV. I am really concerned about this. I read swapping to optical wire then going back to hdmi May correct the issue but this isn’t something I want to do all the time if this persists.

Has anyone else experienced this? I shouldn’t need to deal with issues like this with a $800 soundbar.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundbar 700 - Crackling Sound

Hello mayorofmantown,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this crackling noise you're experiencing. I just want to clarify which cable connection you're currently using. If you have a spare HDMI or Optical cable try swapping the cable out to see if the issue goes away. 

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

mayorofmantown
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 30, 2018

Before trying to rewire things, I did a hard reset on the speaker and set things up again. All seemed to be working better but now it’s happening again. My concern is that it doesn’t just happen when the tv is being used, it happens while Alexa is speaking too. That should have anything to do with how it’s wired, should it? Is it just that the speaker is blown?

Hi there,

Thanks for testing that.  If it's happening with Alexa, it sounds like there is an issue with the Soundbar, and not how you've set up the system.   I would recommend you contact your local support center via phone to arrange for a replacement.  To do this, select THIS link, choose your country, and scroll to the bottom to "Contact Us".

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support