Rwboilini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC connection issues with Sony XBR65A9F

FIrstly, let me state that the Soundbar 700, 700 Bass and rear wireless speakers ROCK!

The problem I am having is that the Soundbar 700 connected to the Sony XBR65A9F HDMI ARC port loses its connection frequently. The only way to reconnect is to unplug the Soundbars power cord and reconnect.  It reverts back to the TVs speakers until I reconnect the Soundbar. Yes, everything is connected properly on the Bose Music app and the Sony.

An error message of "unsupported audio source...." is on the screen sometimes when changing from broadcast to Netflix or Prime.

ABT (Retailer I purchased Bose & Sony from) said Bose rep stated an update to the Bose Music app. is forthcoming soon. Has this issue been addressed on the update? Thanks for any possible solutions to this nagging problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 HDMI ARC connection issues with Sony XBR65A9F

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Greg_B

Hi Rwboilini,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!  I'd recommend checking out this video HERE which has a particular sequence of resetting the device for ARC issues.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Greg_B

Hi Rwboilini,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!  I'd recommend checking out this video HERE which has a particular sequence of resetting the device for ARC issues.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Rwboilini
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Your suggestion appears to have solved the HDMI e-Arc connection issue.
Thank you for your help.
Highlighted

Hello Rwboilini,

I am glad to hear that the video was helpful! Thanks for following up.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support