Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vhteacher
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Soundbar 700 Remote won’t turn off television

I’ve been working on this issue with support. My Soundbar 700 remote was not working well with my system. They told me to switch from HDMI arc to optical. I did that and it fixed most of the issues. Now the Bose remote won’t turn off the Sony TV. It will only turn off the soundbar. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote won’t turn off television

Hi vhteacher,

The universal remote will be able to control the power of all connected devices, using the source power button instead of the main power button at the top. Therefore, to turn off your TV, select the TV source input on the remote and then press the source power button which is just below and to the left of the main power button.

If you have any issues with this working please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vhteacher
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hello, when I do that the TV won’t turn on. The only thing that happens is the Bose Soundbar lights up temporarily.

Sam_F

Hey @vhteacher,

When you power down the TV, do you also power off the soundbar? When both are turned off, optical auto-wake can help power on your soundbar if you turn on a cable box or TV. You can set this up in the Bose Music app:

1. In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner
    If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon  in the upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Under the POWER section, tap Optical Auto-Wake
  4. Use the toggle to turn on or off the setting.

Let me know if that helps with the issue you're having!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
vhteacher
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Hello, I have optical auto wake on. I’d like to check to see if I can turn off the television but all of a sudden I can’t turn on the tv. I’ve tried the power button and Tv and source. The only thing that happens when I press the power button the soundbar turns on. All very frustrating.