however still can’t complete the setup of the remote control for other devices

FC298A9E-90CF-4280-9FAC-8EB48C831896.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar 700 Remote

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose70069

hi Bose70069

That's certainly strange.  Can we try and clear the remote pairing and start over again?  Here are the steps:

• Press and hold the Volume down (-) and Left Arrow (<) simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the source lights on the remote blink twice.
  • Press OK button on remote (middle button surrounded by directional navigation arrows). You will see the 6 source buttons on the remote blink repetitively
  • Confirm the remote is paired by pressing Volume Up (+) which should cause the LED on the soundbar to flash in response.
  • If the remote still fails to pair, remove the batteries. Wait 5 minutes. Put the batteries back in. This should cause the remote to attempt to pair again with the 6 source buttons flashing. Use the Volume Up (+) to verify whether the remote connected.

Let us know if this allows the completion of the remote setup!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Hi Bose70069

Thanks for the update!

Were you able to check which version of the app your on?  I noticed a strange issue myself when the update went live for the app yesterday.  I'm using an iPhone X running iOS 12.  I wasn't prompted in the Bose Music App or see a badge notification on the App store for an update.  

Can you try and search for the app in the App store, whether on iOS or Android, and see if there is an update to manually install?

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Bose70069
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Hi

I’m on the latest app from the App Store 

ios12 on my iPad 10.5

i press  the volume up as instructed but the app does not pick up the remote and proceed with finishing setup

Community Manager

Hi Bose70069

Thanks for replying!

Are you able to check the version of the Bose Music App? 

You can find this under the account settings.  It should be version 1.1.1 on Apple products.  If it's on a previous version, can you go to the App store and search for the Bose Music app to see if this is an update available?

Thank you,

Tony A 

Bose70069
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Yes that’s the version I am using 1.1.1

Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Bose70069

hi Bose70069

That's certainly strange.  Can we try and clear the remote pairing and start over again?  Here are the steps:

• Press and hold the Volume down (-) and Left Arrow (<) simultaneously for about 5 seconds until the source lights on the remote blink twice.
  • Press OK button on remote (middle button surrounded by directional navigation arrows). You will see the 6 source buttons on the remote blink repetitively
  • Confirm the remote is paired by pressing Volume Up (+) which should cause the LED on the soundbar to flash in response.
  • If the remote still fails to pair, remove the batteries. Wait 5 minutes. Put the batteries back in. This should cause the remote to attempt to pair again with the 6 source buttons flashing. Use the Volume Up (+) to verify whether the remote connected.

Let us know if this allows the completion of the remote setup!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Bose70069
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

This worked thank you👍