Highlighted
sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Soundbar 700: Setup failed - Please help!

Hello, I just bought Bose Soundbar 700 based on some inputs I received this morning on this very forum. The nightmare that most people warned just began! It has been more than two hours now and I just cannot get the Bose Music app on my Android phone to find this product. I switched the Soundbar 700 on/off couple of times and also rebotted my phone. Nothing helps. I am quite concerned. I called the 1800 number only to find out that Bose support is not 24/7. Can't belive they only support from Mon-Fri!! May I please request some help with the setup?

BTW, Bluetooth connected and played music from my phone. So did the TV HDMI connection. I am able to watch shows. The sound is simply amazing!!

Please help with adding this to my wireless. There should not be any issue with my router as I have 4 Soundtouch speakers connected and they all work fine with the alternative Soundtouch app on the same Android phone.

I even tried manually updating through service connection. Even that failed sating wrong file.

Please help!

Thank you,

Regards

sbs

5 REPLIES 5
sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700: Setup failed - Please help!

4+ long hours of complete frustration with the setup and I have decided to return the Bose Soundbar 700. 

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Have you tried factory reset (power and skip forward button on remote for at least 5 secs) and starting set up again sounds like something gone wrong or interrupted during set up also what browser are you using on phone .Samsung internet can cause problems with app so if so try Chrome.
sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hi Brian, I tried factory reset multiple times. I also use Chrome.

Anyways, I have initiated the return with the retailer. I am throughly disappointed!

I so want to try another piece hoping to luck out on that during the setup. 

Regards
sbs 

Hi Sbs, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear to the issues you experienced during set up of your system. Our opening times for support vary region by region and I'm sorry that we were not able to support you during set up. If there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to reach out!

I hope you have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hi Jessie, Thank you! Unfortunately, this experience has left me disillusioned. I want to order another Soundbar 700 or Soundtouch 300. But am afraid I will not get a refund or will have to bear heavy restocking fees in case it too fails during the setup. 

Kind regards

sbs