Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bishop4
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Soundbar 700 remote can't configure other sources

Hi. Purchased the Soundbar 700 with base module a week ago. Had difficulty getting the bass module to stay connected to the soundbar but seem to have solved that issue. While trying to work through that problem, I did a reset of the remote.  Now I can't configure any source but the tv. After I reset the remote (down volume with left directional then select and have reset at least 2x trying to resolve problem), all 6 source buttons blink. When I open the Bose app to add the remote, my remote is still there. I deleted the remote from the app, removed the batteries and tried again. Through the app I can re-add the remote but my TV is still connected and, after adding the remote through the app, the 3rd row of sources on the remote no longer light up and "configure other sources" in the app is blank. Help! The remote was fine before reset and i just want to be able to control my cable box again with the remote. Afraid to reset anything else for fear I'll lose the bass module again. Any ideas? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Soundbar 700 remote can't configure other sources

Hello Bishop4,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I understand this is frustrating for you, I am more than happy to help you out with this today. I recommend that you check out the troubleshooting on this page

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support

Bishop4
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Thanks Zoe.

The remote I'm trying program is the Bose remote that came with the Soundbar 700. Since hard resetting it and re-adding through the Bose app, the 2nd row of "sources" no longer lights up and the "Configure Sources" in the app is blank. I have tried hard resetting it again, removed batteries, uninstalled and reinstalled Bose app, unplugged and plugged in the Soundbar and nothing works. When I reset the Bose remote, all 6 sources light up but once I connect it to the soundbar through the app, the sources for cable, gaming and whatever the other one is, no longer light up or available to connect.  

Hector_B

Hi Bishop4, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! This is a very strange issue and not something that you should be experiencing with your remote. 

As you have attempted all the troubleshooting that we would recommend for an issue like this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to resolve this for you via this platform. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ravikirankanth
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue that Bishop is having and have done all sorts of settings issue. 

The remote was working pretty fine until mu bar went fir repair and once it came back and I tried to remove the old settings and tried doing the new settings the app doesn't show any kind of options under Configure Sources. Also the lights don't glow on the 3rd row at all. This should be a common kind of issue as multiple people are facing the same issue and is not unique any longer.

Best Regards,

Ravi Kiran

Sam_F

Hey Ravi,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to find a solution from the guidance given so far. Are you noticing any lights showing on the remote when you press any of the buttons?

If you haven't already, I'd strongly recommend trying the steps below to re-pair your remote to the soundbar:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

Let me know how things go for you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ravikirankanth
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi Sam,

I have done exactly the same way you told me to do so and the remote did blink but more than 9 times with all 6 configurable lights which is row 2 and 3.

But in vain as the configurable sources still doesn't have any devises under the bose app and the lights in this row in the remote also doesn't glow.

SP-ZRH
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

By doing a factory reset on my Soundbar 700 (power button and skip forward) after unpairing the universal remote and disconnecting the voice assistant, I was able to configure all of the source buttons correctly. I would recommend using the advanced settings to configure each source button, entering the model number of each source to ensure full functionality.

ravikirankanth
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Hi Sam,

Hope all is good at your end. Apologies for the delayed response and am not sure on your response due to the Covid situations.

However, I would like to request you to elaborate step by step on your previous step to configure the remote from the scratch by resetting the factory settings as if something goes wrong I have a challenge in getting someone here in current situations.

Best Regards,

Ravi Kiran K