Highlighted
yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Soundbar 700 source switching from the Bose App

Hi,

I noticed that on the Bose 700 soundbar, the app doesn't have the option to switch sources (bluetooth,TV etc). For example, if I'm playing something from bluetooth or 3.5mm plug, I cannot switch back to TV without using the remote. Is there a way to accomplish this from the App? If not, are there any plans to add support for it? I control my Samsung TV from the phone entirely. It's frustrating to use the remote just for this single reason.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Mark.stoopman@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: Soundbar 700 source switching from the Bose App

I bought the soundtouch 500 this week and also noticed that this very basic source switching feature is missing in the app.
This issue has reported years ago in this forum but it seems bose is giving this a very low priority for this significant bug.
The only way to switch to TV is to use the remote. This is the ONLY reason for me to use use the remote, I prefer to use the app.

Bose: when is this activity planned??? Many customers are extremely dissapointed that this basic function is missing.

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Those are some great ideas that we will pass along to our development department for future consideration.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Mark.stoopman@gmail.com
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

With all respect Tony, but Bose has given the same reply (we will pass the suggestion along to our development department) for the last two years! Nothing (visible) has happened in between.

Could you please push more and give it a higher priority??
ankurvsoni
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

This seems like a basic feature that is missing.
whinySmurf
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

I recently bought the whole soundbar 700 system: sub, rear, wall brackets, and floor stands. the sound is amazing, and, while probably not the most bang for my buck, i'm very pleased with the product's performance.  I was watching TV, and asked Alexa to play some music, and, while the TV styed on, the sound switched to playing music. AWESOME.  However, I couldn't go back to TV via Alexa.  I searched high and low for an Alexa skill that enables switching the soundbar's input to optical, but i found nothing. The Bose remote didn't meet my needs as far as achieving the functionality of my Xfinity remote, so I can't really use it. I found posts going back about two years on the soundtouch 300 complaining about this very basic need--to be able to switch inputs without using the supplied remote--and all I see is assurances that the ideas will be passed to the development team.  After dropping $1700-$1900 on a sound system, I'm thinking such a simple request would get a bit more attention. I'm still within the 30-day window, and, as silly as it sounds, I'm actualy considering packing it all up and going a different way.  Honestly, it's not just because of the hassle of switching remotes, but it's the apparent lack of interest in taking seriously this ridiculous design flaw. It makes me wonder what else i might expect, down the road. Bose charges more than competitors, I expect more than I would from competitors. At the very least, I'd love to hear from a technical person the nature of the challenges they face in implementing the widely-requested feature.

Thanks