Highlighted
MRI
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Soundbar 700

I am trying to install a Soundbar 700. The Wifi setup works, the app finds the soundbar, but then I keep getting the message "Something happened. Please try again. Product activation failed." Nothing changes anything. After paying $1500 for the soundbar with bass module and having been forced to create a Bose account, not being able to setup the product (a loudspeaker!) is pretty annoying. And Bose support doesn't reply either.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundbar 700

Hi MRI,

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about that. I would like to if possible try to use the ethernet port on the back of the Soundbar 700 temporarily to see if the issue is related to wifi. Here is a picture of the ethernet location.

I would also recommend trying to reset the Soundbar before you try again. Here are the steps,

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Reset the Bass module by following these steps:

• Unplug the bass module power cord from the power outlet.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Reconnect the bass module power cord.
  • Wait 15 seconds for the bass module to power up and reconnect.

If you are unable to get your system to work properly either via WIFI or through ethernet, I would recommend giving out support team a call for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support