Soundbar 700, Bose Music App, Bose Bass Module 700

Country

Canada

App Version

Bose Music App v. 4.2.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone XR OS 13.5.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I recently bought a Bose 700 Bass module and want to add it to my current Soundbar 700 which is approx. 4 years old. instructions are to add it in the Bose App which I have not set up, so I am attempting to set that up. It cannot find my soundbar and the instructions to help me are for a newer version of the Soundbar 700 with a different remote. I hope someone can help me get the Soundbar set up and also pass along any information I will need to pair the Bass module to it next. I don't have the owners manual for the Soundbar any longer, if someone could provide a PDF for my older version that would be great as well. Thank you.

It should be noted the Soundbar 700 is currently working and fully functional with the TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by JVSoundbar

Judging on what you wrote (the instructions to help me are for a newer version of the Soundbar 700 with a different remote) I believe you have the SoundTouch 300 and not the SB700.  There has only been one version of the 700.

So instead of adding the bass by the app, you need to use the remote.  From memory you hold down the Soundtouch button at the same time as pressing 7.  However you may want to read up on instructions for the ST300.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by JVSoundbar

Judging on what you wrote (the instructions to help me are for a newer version of the Soundbar 700 with a different remote) I believe you have the SoundTouch 300 and not the SB700.  There has only been one version of the 700.

So instead of adding the bass by the app, you need to use the remote.  From memory you hold down the Soundtouch button at the same time as pressing 7.  However you may want to read up on instructions for the ST300.

View solution in original post

JVSoundbar
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2020

Thanks for responding Morlock. You are absolutely correct. I managed to get it paired and everything is great. I appreciate your help.