Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TJUK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2020

Soundbar solo series Il

After a bit of fiddling about I’ve managed to get Auto Wake to function. The amber light glows and when I power on the TV the Auto Wake automatically starts and the light changes to green. However when I switch the TV to stand-by, the Auto Wake function is still functioning, i.e, light stays green. I have to switch it off via the remote and it reverts to amber. Surely when you switch the TV off to standby, Auto Wake should automatically revert to stand-by and the amber light reappear?

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Soundbar solo series Il

Hi TJUK,

Welcome, thanks for joining us in the Community!

When using Auto-Wake on your soundbar, this tells the soundbar to turn on automatically when it detects an audio signal. The Auto-Wake detection doesn't respond to the power state of the TV, only whether the soundbar is receiving an audio signal or not. If the soundbar turned off the instant it stopped receiving an audio signal from your TV, then this would mean the soundbar would be turning off when you paused a movie or show, or in moments of silence as well as when you turn the TV off, which I'm sure you would agree would not be practical!

The soundbar does have an auto-off timer, that will turn the soundbar off automatically after 1 hour if there is no audio playing and no interaction. So if you don't want to manually turn the soundbar once you've finished watching TV, it will turn itself off after 1 hour automatically if you leave it.

I hope this helps clarify why you are getting this behavior from the soundbar!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Soundbar solo series Il

@TJUK wrote:

After a bit of fiddling about I’ve managed to get Auto Wake to function. The amber light glows and when I power on the TV the Auto Wake automatically starts and the light changes to green. However when I switch the TV to stand-by, the Auto Wake function is still functioning, i.e, light stays green. I have to switch it off via the remote and it reverts to amber. Surely when you switch the TV off to standby, Auto Wake should automatically revert to stand-by and the amber light reappear?

I use my cable remote to control both the TV and Solo 10/15.  Master power button controls the TV, cable box and TV. Simple. Power on - power off.