Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Sounddock xt speaker only play via aux?

Hello, I have a sounddock speaker which is used most days, However I have just found it unable to play music from my iPhone. It still charges and will play through a jack to Aux! I have updated software (and cleaned the port) and took advice from the Bose troubleshooting page but to no avail?
Any advice would be thankfully received!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Sounddock xt speaker only play via aux?

Hi Pjago,

Curiously have you tried to reboot or restart the iPhone as well as the SoundDock XT? Have you confirmed that the volume is up by pressing the + button multiple times to the right of the docked iPhone? Also, have you tried to press the + and - buttons on the sides of the docked iPhone for two seconds, then release? This should switch the input to the docked speaker. Do you have a case on the iPhone? If so, have you tried to remove the case and re-dock the iPhone? Lastly, have you tried a different iOS device docked in the speaker? This would help tell us whether the issue is with the dock or the iPhone.

If the above does not resolve the issue, I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you,

-Michael

Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2017

Re: Sounddock xt speaker only play via aux?

Still no sound via the docking port! I have tried all of your suggestions. It seems to play through the jack/aux but with limited volume. The phone charges and the speakers react with a beep when my iPhone is placed however the speakers do not work when trying play music (nor the volume - and +).
I am very appreciative of Bose products, but I would be disappointed if this cannot be fixed as I was using it daily and was intending to purchase a Soundlink to upgrade, however cannot justify paying for both a repair and new purchase.
I have not given up yet though! Thanks for the reply!