Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fit101
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Soundtouch 130 no 4K picture

When I connect my Soundtouch 130 Home Theater system to xboxoneS there is no 4k video. The TV and the xboxoneS are both 4k acomatible and work if connected directly. but when connected through the Bose Soundtouch 130 Home Theater System, there is no signal no video comes through. Called Bose customer service and all they do is read form a script with basic trouble shooting. They assure me it is 4k compatible and should work. I paid over a grand for this ssytem if there isnt a fix I will return it. Aslo I do use HDMI cables specificly for 4k. Does anyone know of a fix? Any help would be appreceaited.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 130 no 4K picture

Author Accepted Answer selected by fit101

Thank you for asking fit101. We are happy to shed some additional insight on this for you. If the source material is 4K content (as opposed to upscaled 4K content), it may not properly  pass through HDMI 1.4 equipment such as the SoundTouch 130 due to HDCP 2.2 copy protection. A 4K device can pass non-HDCP 2.2 protected content upscaled to 4K through HDMI 1.4. The content and its HDCP version dictate compatibility. If the source is a 4K source and works when connected directly to the TV, we would recommend running an optical cable from the Xbox One to the home theater system as shown HERE on the gaming console's support page. Listed below are the steps to assign the optical input on the Bose system:

1. On the remote control, press the System button
  2. Press the down arrow to navigate to "SET OPTICAL INPUT"
  3. Press the left or right arrow to assign the optical input (Auto/TV, CBL SAT, BD DVD, GAME or AUX)
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by fit101

Thank you for asking fit101. We are happy to shed some additional insight on this for you. If the source material is 4K content (as opposed to upscaled 4K content), it may not properly  pass through HDMI 1.4 equipment such as the SoundTouch 130 due to HDCP 2.2 copy protection. A 4K device can pass non-HDCP 2.2 protected content upscaled to 4K through HDMI 1.4. The content and its HDCP version dictate compatibility. If the source is a 4K source and works when connected directly to the TV, we would recommend running an optical cable from the Xbox One to the home theater system as shown HERE on the gaming console's support page. Listed below are the steps to assign the optical input on the Bose system:

3. Press the left or right arrow to assign the optical input (Auto/TV, CBL SAT, BD DVD, GAME or AUX)

View solution in original post

fit101
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Perfect! Thanks Ryan, it worked great!

Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

We are thrilled to hear that. Let us know if you have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. 

Bmj_80917
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2016

What version HDMI cable is required; 1.4, 2.0 etc. Additionally the customer service representatives are still not using the solution posted on this site.
Frank_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Bmj_80917,

You will not notice a difference between an HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 cable.  When picking out an HDMI cable it is important to make sure that you are choosing one that is marked as 'High Speed.'

Thank You.

siten23
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

I recently upgraded to a 4K television and am running into the same issue. Following the steps you outlined, I hooked the SoundTouch to the tv via optical. My question is around the ideal hookup of the DVD player and DIRECTV 4K genie to ensure they are still running through the SoundTouch. The tv came with almost a little receiver, with 4 HDMI connections (one labeled ARC) available, as well as the optical connection I have hooked up to the SoundTouch. I currently have the DIRECTV and DVD player hooked up through there, instead of through the SoundTouch like I had with my old TV. Is this the ideal connection for what I have? Is there anything I could do to make it better? Could I still use the Bose remote control? Thanks in advance for your help!
dgross20832
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2016

Ryan M.

Please help, I bought a LG 4k TV that is (currently working fine I think).  At this time and based on a Best Buys employee assurance I bough the BOSE 130 because it already supported 4K for when I needed it.  It is currently hooked up to FIOS which seems to be working okay.  I do have a Roku box with is connected to a NON ARC connection on back of the TV but I am not really using it yet.

Only recently did I think the price of 4K blue-rayer players and DVD's came down enough in price to purchase.  Imagine my surprise when I bought a Sony 4K-Bluerayers as well as  4K DVD test.  Guess what it does NOT play in 4k.  At this point I am not sure what to do.  I am not boing to buy another Bose system for sure (it wasn't cheap in the first place).  I would realy like to take advantage of everything that is available to me but I feel kind of left out at this point.  BTW, I am NOT using any type of AV system with this.  Please help, I wold my wife I would have it hooked up today boy do I feel like an idiot now.

PLEASE HELP,

Doug

dgross20832
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2016

This popped up when I submitted my question however I do NOT have ANY GAME PLAYER and I am not planning on buying one.

'Help,

Doug  

Doug.Gross@verizon.net

fit101
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

Doug,

Does your blu ray have an optical output? If yes, I have copied and attached the directions on how to get set up. You will have to plug the Blu-ray player directly into the TV with the HDMI cable and use the optical outlet to connect the Blu-ray to your Bose 130.