Thekskid
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

Soundtouch 130 popping Speaker Array

Hello

I have a soundtouch 130. The speaker array started popping when we returned home. I did a factory reset, removed and re-installed cables. Tried it with a spirce hooked up and without a source hoiked to it pop remains.

The pop sound is a way slower but similar to the sound a speaker makes when you are using a phase detector but not a constant pop-pop-pop it's slower pop --- pop --- pop.

It ran fine untile we returned home powered on and it started. I would say it also sounds like when a power supply has a bad diod/cap and it constantly tries to cycle the power on.

Since it's under warranty and before i box it up print shipping label perhaps there may be a connectivity problem someone is aware of. It will not factory restore through ip with update.stu using A setup. Will try a flash drive here in a minute using the B

Thank you

9/28/17

So we got the system back a couple days ago and all was working fine accept they had to send a replacement wireless soundtouch which came today.

So my son gets it in the mail and i unbox and plug it in. I do the setup in the app on my android phone and the sysyem wants to update so i do the update.

Now I'm back where i started no sound again after i plugged in the soundtouch ran app on phone it asks to update and now the only sound i can get is the subwoofer when i try to run the adaptive IQ setup. No soud from the speaker array, sometimes it pops and sometimes no sound at all from speaker array. But absolutely no sound from any source.
1 REPLY 1
Thekskid
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 130 popping Speaker Array

Tried update with usb stick no dice, still pops. Headphone jack works with a wired pair of headphones full range of sound using headphones. So must be a power supply problem in the speaker array.