johntodd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Soundtouch 300 Bass Module gurgling?

Bought my Soundtouch 300 soundbar, bass module and surround modules a little over a year ago. Recently, my bass module has been making an odd gurgling sound. Almost like a rattle, but deeper. Very annoying. Bass module is unusable because of it. Doea anyone else have any experience with this? For the record, it's sitting on a carpeted harwood floor. No shelves or other items are making the noise. It's definately coming from the bass module. Help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch 300 Bass Module gurgling?

Hello johntodd,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community. Does this happen on a particular source or show? I usually keep the bass set to high but the other day I was watching Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime video and the low tones they use for mood was making the windows shake in the house so I had to turn it down. These low mood tones are becoming more popular. If it is happening on all audio sources, and you have tried turning the bass level down, you may also want to try resetting the bass module and checking to see if a router is causing interference. Let us know if this helps and thanks again for messaging. 

Best Regards,

Emmet Bose Community 

johntodd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2018

Emmet, thanks for the welcome.

It happens with all media. Various movies, music, and television. When you say "try resetting the bass module", what do you mean? I've unplugged it and reconnected it. Is the bass setting in the app? I haven't seen it.

Thanks again.

eptousignant@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I'm experiencing the same problem on multiple media sources. YouTube, Neflix, Hulu, Wireless Audio (Amazon, Spotify, Google). I have a Linksys Velop System. Does it matter if it's wired to the Soundbar or Wireless, I can't imagine that would make a difference.