Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Soundtouch 300 Cannot See NAS

Hi,

Bought the ST300 on Saturday along with the Sub. Not sure I did the right thing quite yet! Will post issues in individual threads so can slowly resolve one problem at a time.

TV - Panasonic TX-50CX802B

Router - Netgear D7000

NAS Synology DS214+

Have always had Media Server, Audio Station and Itunes Server installed but not really used them in anger. Indexed all files and added a new folder under my nas profile folder called "Bose" and added 1 song for starters. Open up soundtouch software on PC and try to "Add Music Library on NAS". No NAS visible :-(. Not sure where to go from here as have followed all instructions. Have also tried with App on samsung tablet.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Cannot See NAS

Hi dhillonk, 

Can you try to enable the drive's built-in DLNA server? With previous model Synology drives, this needs to be enabled so the app can see the music library. I would assume the 214 is no different. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Hi Brent,

DLNA is enabled. Can play music fine on my TV and can also see the Bose Soundtouch in the devices list on Synology Media Server.

NAS is wired to router, ST300 is wireless. Should not make any difference though as TV is also wireless.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi dhillonk, 

Can you try a power cycle reboot of your router, NAS drive, and SoundTouch 300 and re-test? We have seen detection issues where a reboot is necessary if the IP of the NAS has changed. Do you have any music you could load on a USB stick and test the media server on the D7000 to see if our app can detect it as a library that can be added? Although I haven't tested this on a D7000, I know this works with an R7000 which is a very similar model. 

Thank you