Garrinjd
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2018

Soundtouch 300 Passthrough Not Working

Passthrough stopped working from my Dish receiver to ST 300 to LG tv. I'm back to having to plug Dish directly to T.V. then use optical for sound, this results in sound lag as well as a hangup that sound stops working & just skips like a record with a scratch. I have done all factory resets disconnected reconnected, swapped out HDMI cables etc. At this point I'm sad to say my respect for Bose tech is all but gone I'm ready to return the ST 300 to Costco & go buy Sonos since I haven't seen any of these types of issues reported on their tech.
3 REPLIES 3
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 Passthrough Not Working

Hello Garrinjd,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear the issues that are happening.

Have you tried enabling the HDMI Direct Audio in setting with the SoundTouch application? Below are the steps for this:

To enable or disable the HDMI IN Direct Audio setting, follow these steps:

• Open the SoundTouch app>Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings
  • Select the SoundTouch 300 system name
  • Select Advanced Setup
  • Select HDMI IN Direct Audio
  • Once enabled, in the HDMI IN Source Button section, chose which button on the remote that will activate the HDMI input on the soundbar.
  • When disabled, the remote button chosen to activate the HDMI input will no longer perform this function.

Let us know if this helps.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Garrinjd
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2018

Hi Joel thank you for responding, yes that is how I had it setup when passthrough functionality was working, but turned that off so my work around will function.
Plan B?
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Garrinjd,

Thank you for the update.

This really does seem like an odd issue that is happening. Especially that you have already performed a factory default on the SoundTouch 300 as well. I would suggest to either swap it out from your point of purchase or contact your local service group. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed.

Please let us know how this works out.

Warm Regards,

Joel