Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disco Chris
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Soundtouch 300 and Panasonic tv unable to input multiple hdmi

Hi I have recently bought a Panasonic viera tv and on connecting my soundtouch 300, my amazon fire stick and my sky tv box the soundtouch will not play the fire stick. When I select the hdmi port housing my fire stick the system will not play and returns to the hdmi arc port which houses my Bose system.

i note there appears to be similar problems with Bose and lg tv where not only is there a problem switching hdmi ports but also there is no sound. I have sound when I select the hdmi port housing my sky box but am completely unable to select my fire stick.

Help appreciated.

😁

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 and Panasonic tv unable to input multiple hdmi

Author Accepted Answer selected by Disco Chris

Hello Disco Chris,

There may be CEC functionality conflict between one or more devices. Try changing the HDMI-CEC setting of the control console to "Alternative" or "Off" on the SoundTouch app and then determine if you're able to play those sources.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Disco Chris

Hello Disco Chris,

There may be CEC functionality conflict between one or more devices. Try changing the HDMI-CEC setting of the control console to "Alternative" or "Off" on the SoundTouch app and then determine if you're able to play those sources.

Disco Chris
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Hi Emmet

the solution was to turn the CEC to the off position. In alternate I had the same issue.

Many thanks for your assistance. I can now enjoy my Bose 300 with both my new TV, sky and fire stick 😁

Disco Chris
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Spoke to soon when I thought the problem had gone away.

i can now view everything but I am not getting any sound from the Bose 300  system. I can get sound out of the tv speakers but not the Bose system.

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello Disco Chris, 

Are you able to control the other devices with the Bose remote? There may also be a CEC setting on the TV which may need to be turned off. 

Disco Chris
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Hi Emmet

i have tried turning off the "viera link" and tried resetting the Bose 300 to off, alternate and automatic. The best I can achieve is to move around the different devices i.e. Sky and fire stick and see the picture but I am not receiving any sound via the sound bar.

i can achieve sound via the sound bar from my sky box with the Bose settings on "default or alternate" and the viera link "on" but it will not switch to my fire stick. When trying to move to the fire stick it reverts to hdmi 2 (arc), as I described previously.

i have spoken to the guys at Panasonic for about an hour on the telephone to see if they could help and as they instructed I have tried changing many of the viera Link settings but again the best that can be achieved is moving around the picture but no sound via the sound bar.

if I disconnect the Bose sound bar at the hdmi in the back of the TV all the devices (sky and fire stick) work via the Panasonic tv with sound.

The guys at Panasonic are saying that it is a Bose compatibility issue as all the devices are working via the TV.

i am hoping you guys can give me a fix. I love the sound from the system when I can it to play.

It appears from looking at the various posts on the Bose forum that there are very similar issues with LG and Sony TV's. Is this a software problem and can I get some assurance that it is being worked on and will be rectified?

i paid a lot of money for this system and it is frustrating that it won't do what it's supposed to do. It was sold to me as a plug and play system.

im hoping you are going to give me other options to try, or some positives that will give some cause for optimism that a solution will be here very soon.

thanks 😁

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Hello Disco Chris,

I'd recommend trying optical in tandem with HDMI but if the CEC is having agreement issue you may need to completely remove the HDMI cable all together and go solely with optical. As CEC gets updated the aim is it to get rid of particular issues such as this.