sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Soundtouch 300 and Samsung 4k TVs: Problems?

I see that some dealers mention this warning on their Bose Soundtouch 300 product description page:

"Please note: There is an HDMI ARC "handshake" issue between some Samsung 4K TVs and this sound bar. Bose tells us that they are working with Samsung engineers to solve the problem."  I just wanted to know when we can expect these problems are likely to be addressed.

Also given that the newer Soundbar 700 and Soundtouch 300 are essentially the same, does this issue also occur in Soundbar 700?

Thanks

sbs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Soundtouch 300 and Samsung 4k TVs: Problems?

Author Accepted Answer selected by sbs

Hello Sbs,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your Soundbar via ARC, I would recommend you take a look at this video on YouTube as it shows how the ARC is connected and some troubleshooting steps if your having trouble connecting.

As each company uses their own variation of CEC some TV's won't be compatible with ARC connection, if that is the case we would recommend using the optical connection instead.

I hope this helps, should you need any further assistance then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

As soneone with 2 Soundtouch 300s, and a non samsumg 4k tv I suggest using the optical connection in place of the HDMI ARC 

Note that Soundtouch 300s have a passtrough possibility using the HDMI in port (enabled with Soundtouch ) that us not available to Soundbar 500/700?

For Soundbar 700 it is meant to support HDMI EARC a new feature of the HDMI 2.x standards therefore supporting new TVs.

if you get Soundbar 700 or Soundtouch 300 depends on your budget and if you have any other Soundtouch devices on your network or not or if you have a NAS storage with DNLA.

sbs
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Thanks David Moore. So it seems like HDMI ARC is not a viable option in Soundtouch 300 for both Samsung and non-Samsung TVs.

Author Accepted Answer selected by sbs

Hello Sbs,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your Soundbar via ARC, I would recommend you take a look at this video on YouTube as it shows how the ARC is connected and some troubleshooting steps if your having trouble connecting.

As each company uses their own variation of CEC some TV's won't be compatible with ARC connection, if that is the case we would recommend using the optical connection instead.

I hope this helps, should you need any further assistance then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support