Highlighted
Kazafog
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Soundtouch 300 losing sound hdmi arc samsung tv UA60F6400

Hello,

I cannot find anything in your support pages. Where is the support info for the soundtouch 300? Have Bose disowned this product?

My new st300 worked fine for a week now sometimes when turning my tv (samsung UA60F6400) on, the soundbar turns on BUT DOES NOT produce sound. But will if i changed sources on the tv.

I have read most of the bug reports people have posted along with the limited bose responses dating back over a year +.

So I have i have tried the following

-updated the tv and the soundbar,
-i have turned the bose cec setting to "alternate on" (this made things worse),
-i have also connected both the hdmi and optic cable. I am using the cables that came with the soundbar.

After reading other horror stories i am VERY concerned that changing sources to fix the issue will not last.

It is still faulting, so bose is there a fix coming or not???

Btw

Turning everything off and on again or unplugging everything IS NOT a fix.
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Soundtouch 300 losing sound hdmi arc samsung tv UA60F6400

Hello Kazafog, 

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SoundTouch 300.

Regarding the lack of SoundTouch 300 support on our website, we have recently started shifting the SoundTouch.com content to the Bose.com website, and therefore, some products such as the SoundTouch 300 are still missing. To find information regarding the SoundTouch 300, please use this link. 

Does this issue happen regardless of the source or source device you are using?

As you are not willing to try a basic reset (unplugging the soundbar for 30 seconds after having turned it OFF, and once reconnected giving it 30 seconds to reboot), a factory reset could help. However, please be advised that this will restaure the soundbar to factory defaults and erase ADAPTiQ settings.

1. On the remote control, press the SoundTouch button
  2. Press and hold the Teletext button (to the right of the CC button on the remote) for 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi, TV, SoundTouch and Bluetooth indicators blink white on the soundbar

The soundbar restarts and the Wi-Fi indicator on the soundbar glows amber (setup mode) when the reset is complete

3. Restore the soundbar’s network and audio settings by launching the SoundTouch app on your smartphone or tablet, add the system to your network and run the ADAPTiQ audio calibration

If this does not help, the best course of action would be to reach out to our customer support line in your country of residence and get your soundbar repaired. 

Kind regards, 

Irina

Kazafog
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

Thanks for getting back to me Irina.

To answer your question about if the problem is only one source or not, i am not sure just yet as it has only faulted on me a couple of times and it was the same source then.  But my wife and son have had similar issues although they could not say for sure which source was active.  Time will tell i guess.

i have since found out that my son updated the unit before the fault started, so i will try a reset. 

I don't want to come across as pain but as i said unplugging etc is not a fix, because surely a successful firmware update should mean just that and doing a factory reset after a week of use is ridiculous, i don't see how can things go wrong in a week.  The soundbar was just taken out of a factory sealed box and presumably should have been reset before leaving the factory. 

Its not like the unit has any 3rd party external apps downloaded on it that could corrupt it.  So what could bose's software/firmware possibly mess up in a week? 

Having said that, i accept that something could have, (but shouldn't have)
been corrupted via bose's "successful" firmware update. If the fault did not exist beforehand.

What really worries me is that there are still people reporting issues with sound, so i wonder if the original problem that was reported in 2016 was ever fixed properly? 

Can anyone out there tell me if they're  still having issues?

I don't want to be left with a lemon that i have to reset every week or so.  I already have to many other electronic lemons i have been an unwilling beta tester for.
Geoff potter
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Had the same problem. Worked for an hour only on Bluetooth.tv didn't recognise
HDMI arc at all on ks8000.took back today for exchange. No questions asked. I did mention the arc issues and the said there was an update last week.ill rig it up tomorrow for round 2.if this one plays up then I'm off for refund then to Sanos 🤔
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Kazafog and Geoff potter,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues. The order in which you turn on your devices can impact if the TV and soundbar will make the proper connection. One of our users posted about this HERE with his KS8000. Please let us know if these steps resolve it for you. 

Thank you 

vb3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

I just updated my soundtouch 300 to SoundTouch 17.x (https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-Ecosystem-Update-Available-November-28t...) and I am having a ton of ARC issues.. It works for a few mintues, and after tv on/off it doesnt work. Samsung TV with Apple TV connected to it. It use to work perfectly fine before update. 

Also tried hard resetting my TV and soundbar 300. Still having trouble connecting via ARC. Is there a way to revert the update? 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi vb3,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue. Due to compatibility issues that may arise, we do not recommend or provide roll-backs to older software versions. Curiously, have you tried the reset steps in the order that Brent provided above?

Best regards,

Brian

Kicker0927
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Geoff, what did you decide to do?  I purchased the ST300 and cancelled my order after reading of all the issues with Samsung TV's ARC connection.  I can't believe Bose has allowed this to continue for over a year with no fix...absolutely unacceptable.  I have held off on purchasing the Sonos, because I want to retain the TV control through my Samsung Smart Remote and Sonos doesn't offer ARC connection at all.  Just curious what you decided to do?  

Geoff potter
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Hi
Mine is working but not through arc.I've got both arc and optical plugged in but still Samsung ks8000 sounds setting there is no option for arc only optical.
The sound is good through optical but is arc better,I don't know.Cany seem to get Samsung remote to work on bose but got bose remote to work on sky and tv.How do you get Samsung remote to work on bose??
Kicker0927
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

Geoff, do a quick Google search and you will see that Bose ARC connection has serious issues.  If the ARC connection is working properly then the Samsung remote would work to control the volume and such.  However, Bose can't seem to get their stuff together regarding this issue.  It's been an issue for over a year that Bose can't seem to resolve. 

In other words, you should be able to easily use your Samsung remote to control your Bose volume, but Bose ARC channel does not function properly.  They have know about this for over a year and have not provided a fix.  If you want to hold out and hope for a fix, that's up to you.  I cancelled my order for the ST300, because I want to retain the use of my Samsung Smart Remote and from what I've read online, the ST300 has been nothing but a problem for people using the ARC connection.  Even Bose tech support told me to rethink my decision to purchase based on the problems the ST300 has with Samsung TVs.  I'm completely understanding of having issues and providing Firmware fixes, but it's been over a year and Bose can't seem to get it together.  From what I've read the latest Bose Firmware upgrade made matters even worse.  

Just as an example I currently have a Yamaha 207 which I wanted to upgrade to the ST300 for sound purposes, but it has worked flawlessly since the moment I hooked it up via ARC to my Samsung Q7F.  I mean flawlessly, no lost connections, no sound issues, no sound dropping, etc.  My Samsung remote has worked perfectly since day one.  Maybe Bose should consult with Yamaha regarding how to ensure a properly functioning ARC connection.  I really have my head set on buying the ST300, but I refuse to until they fix the ARC issues for good.