Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomhafkamp
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Re: Soundtouch 300 -soundbar 700

Okay @Joel_D so If i buy a new soundbar which will work with my current am300 +vi300 it can't play music synchrone with for example an soundtouch 20 or 30? Thanks for the info

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi @tomhafkamp

That is correct.  The accessory speakers like the VI300 and AM300 will be full compatible with the new soundbars coming out, however, you will not be able to sync with other SoundTouch products like the ones you've mentioned above.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Haydengreen
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

I’m getting really confused here. Does this imply that Bose are depreciating the SoundTouch range?

I have ST products and just bought a ST300. I can still return the ST300, get the SB700, sell all my other ST products and wait for further ‘bose music app’ product releases (if that’s a thing that will happen). Not because it’s a better product per se, I’m perfectly content with the ST300, but I just don’t want to buy into a dying ecosystem.

Please can you clarify future plans for ST and other SB compatible products? Messy product lines like this is not what you expect from Bose 😞
mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

From my understanding ST300 bar, bass and invisible speakers will communicate with the new Soundbar 700 and 500 family. However the rest of the SoundTouch range will not. Therefore it’s being made obsolete.

Not sure if the ST300 family will communicate with the new SmartHome speakers though. Maybe this can be clarified also.
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi mattbuk

Yes, you are correct that the surround speakers and bass modules are interchangeable between soundbars.  The SoundTouch systems will not be able to integrate with the new Smart Speakers that are releasing this fall.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Haydengreen
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

Hi Tony_A,

I'm unsure if you're able to answer these, but they're two really important questions for people who are considering investing in Bose products; 

1) Are there plans to expand the Smart Speaker range and/or it's compatible products?

2) Are you depreciating SoundTouch?

Best,

Hayden

Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Hayden

To answer the first question, we will certainly be expanding the Smart Speaker range of speakers in the future.  Regarding the current SoundTouch line, we will continue to support the system as well as update them periodically.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A