DSicil
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

Soundtouch 300 soundbar visual volume meter on tv

Hi is there currently a way to visually show a volume meter on the tv the soundtouch 300 soundbar is connected to ?

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 soundbar visual volume meter on tv

Hello DSiciil,

Thank you for your post. No, the SoundTouch 300 does not display its own volume meter to connected TVs. However, we have heard from some customers that certain TVs may still show it's own volume bar when connected via HDMI using CEC. 

We hope this helps!

Brian

DJDavidD
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

It would be awesome if you could add this... very annoying not being able to see any idea how loud the volume is!
Jay1986
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Hi bose,

I agree. I’ve been finding myself lost without a volume indicator. The reason I miss this because it’s nice to know where the optimal range always is for movies tv watching and music. One is not all the same. It’s very my like the bass indicator bose has set up it would be great if it was the same way. I really don’t see the logic behind not having this very simple thing for the end user. Please just add this as an update. Also, let’s talk about itunes. In what shape way or form am I able to use iTunes as any type of music service on the soundtouch app? Literally on the box it was iTunes listed as a music service. I found this to be EXTREMELY MISS LEADING. Also... apple has stepped it up with AirPlay. Now why Bose can’t just get on the plane with AirPlay must be an ego thing, maybe pride.... Seriously, Bose. Their system is far more focused on quality of expandability. What it can handle is very impressive. The way I see it, your app is very clumsy. Why in the heck would bose think it’s makes it easier for the end user to use a bose only app when apple has this same API built right into iOS. You’re not Apple of the sound industry, Bose won’t ever be. I love Bose products but come on.