BigBird1985
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

Soundtouch 300 will not turn on

Came home from work today and my Soundtouch 300 does not work and is completely unresponsive. Not even two months old... very disappointed as it's an expensive bit of kit. 

The LEDs do not come on at all. I have tried unplugging, waiting, plugging in again. I have tried to factory reset it - nothing. I have tried using different plug sockets, but that doesn't work either. 

Any bright ideas? It seems to have died for no reason whatsoever. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch 300 will not turn on

Hi BigBird1985,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.  

Just to confirm, you have checked the cable in the back of the soundbar?  It's good and snug?  And the outlets you've tried work with other electronics?

If so and there are still no LEDs on the soundbar, my recommendation would be to contact your local support center to arrange for a service option.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
BigBird1985
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

Thank you. I have sent it to Bose to be tested. Nothing worked. Very disappointing! Not even 2 months old. 

Highlighted
BigBird1985
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

OK... this is getting worse. 

Have received the Soundtouch 300 back from Bose, which replaced some faulty part(s). 

Two days later - THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. 

No lights. Not working. Nothing. 

Again - switched over power cables, removed them, stood on one leg in the middle of the room... nope. 

Hugely disappointed, considering asking for a refund and going over to Sonos. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hiu BigBird1985,

Thanks for responding. I am sorry this has been your experience so far with your SoundTouch 300, that is not typical. So what we can remedy this for you, please reach out to your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
BigBird1985
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

UPDATE... 

Have just received my Soundtouch 300 back from Bose repair shop for the SECOND time. 

Less than 24 hours later... and it's the exact same problem again. Completely unresponsive. I don't know why the unit wasn't just completely replaced. 

It has had its own power socket the whole time - and has been sitting quietly under the TV. 

I'm hoping this problem is limited to our unit - but it's absolutely terrible. 

Now I'm just the frustrated owner of a completely useless soundbar!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi BigBird1985,

Thanks for the post.  The only thing I can think of is to double check the power cable in the back of the soundbar (which I'm guessing you've already done).  If there are still no LEDs showing up on the front of the system, I would recommend contacting support again to set up a replacement for the system.

Best,

Brandon