Andy01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Soundtouch 520 resetting

I have had my system for a few years now and it's been great. However, in the last month's or so it has developed an annoying habit of resetting (best way to describe it) whereby at random times (mostly not long after being turned on) it will lose sound and picture and the system displays 'loading' as if it is re-learning the sound compression etc.

It will do this maybe 2 or 3 times within maybe the first 30 minutes or so and then typically not again until the next time it's turned on.

My setup is a TiVo BY connected to the CBL SAT port. An Xbox one X connected to the game port (both via HDMI) and  a Samsung 4K TV on my TV port.

It does this resetting for both the TiVo and the Xbox so I'm fairly sure it's not them. I believe it also does it when the input is stereo 2.0 or Dolby 5.1

It's very frustrating so I hope someone can offer some advice.

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch 520 resetting

Hi Andy

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to assist!

• Since the issue has occurred, has the system and all devices been updated?
  • Has a power reset been done on all the devices as well? 
  • Have you been able to test new HDMI cables at all?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Andy01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Tony

Thanks for your reply;

- Yes all Bose and connected devices are up to date

- They have all been powered off at some point

- I haven't tried replacement cables yet but am waiting for some new ones to come in and some are awkward to change

Any thoughts ?

Regards

Andy

Community Manager

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the prompt reply!  

We would definitely want to try the new HDMI cables once they are in.  Also, we can try and perform a factory default on the system to see if it will help.  You would have to re-calibrate the system again with the AdaptIQ headset again.  The steps can be found HERE.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Andy01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Tony

The reset didn't work. Neither did a short 0.5m high speed, high quality HDMI cable.

Any more ideas ?

Andy
Community Manager

Hi Andy

It sounds like the system is taking a longer time to complete the HDCP handshake.  Were there any new devices added to the system when the issue started happening?  Do you know if this loading screen happens on a particular source?

Can we also try and change the CEC settings in the console to alternate on?  You can change this by pressing the "System" button on the controller and it should be the 3rd option on the list.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Andy01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Tony

As mentioned the loading message on the Bose happens for both the TiVo BY and Xbox connections. So not for a single source.

I will look at changing the CEC setting and let you know

Regards

Andy

Community Manager

Hi Andy

Thanks for the update and definitely let us know the outcome.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Andy01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Tony

I have tried with CEC off and alternate, although it reduces the amount it resets it does still happen on occasion. Is there anything else I can try along with this

Thanks

Andy

Community Manager

Hi Andy01

Thanks for the update!

Would you be able to try and connect your sources to the TV directly and then run an optical to the console to see if the issue happens in this configuration?

Warm Regards,

Tony A