Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2017

Soundtouch and Amazon Echo dot

My question: is possible to link Amazon Echo dot to several soundtouch devices through wi-fi?

I am asking this question since I some soundtouch speakers located in different rooms and constantly connected to the wifi. I would like to control each of those devices from a single echo dot located in a specific room. Is it possible? I looked for an answer online but it seems that the only way to connect echo dot and soundtouch speaker is using bluetooth. Obviouvly such configuration requires that the echo dot and the speaker are located in the same room. Can anybody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Soundtouch and Amazon Echo dot

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ptero

Hello Ptero,

Thank you for the question and posts.

I don't have any information on when this will be expanding into other regions. But I also want to clarify with the Bose Smart Home skill you will only be able to send a command to one speaker at a time; you cannot do multiroom audio. However, once you initiate a voice command, you can then open the SoundTouch app and select "Play All."

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 3, 2017

After some further search I discovered that the Bose skill might solve my issue. Apparently it is available only in english. When will it be availble in Italy?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ptero

Hello Ptero,

Thank you for the question and posts.

I don't have any information on when this will be expanding into other regions. But I also want to clarify with the Bose Smart Home skill you will only be able to send a command to one speaker at a time; you cannot do multiroom audio. However, once you initiate a voice command, you can then open the SoundTouch app and select "Play All."

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post