Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2016

Soundtouch wireless link connecting to Lifestyle V35

My Lifestyle V35 system seems not to recognize the Soundtouch wireless link when connecting with the optical cable. I’m continuously asked to use the HDMI connection. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Soundtouch wireless link connecting to Lifestyle V35

Author Accepted Answer selected by LN

Hi LN, 

Since optical is only available for inputs 4 and 5, do you have sources already connected to any of the connections on 4 and 5? If you are already using 4 and 5 for other sources but have available HDMI ports, this message will appear since 4 and 5 have already been used. Can you possibly switch what's connected to either 4 or 5 to HDMI and then try to add the Wireless Link via optical? 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi LN,
Thanks for the inquiry, the SoundTouch Wireless Link can be added by following these steps in the Unify menu on your Lifestyle V35.
1) On the control console, press Setup (this will bring up the Unify menu on screen)
2) On the remote, press down to highlight "Add a new device" (digital media player)
3) Press OK and follow the on-screen instructions
Note: The system will ask for a video connection, choose "None"
4) Once the process has completed; the system will ask if you want to setup the Bose remote to control the device, choose "skip this step", the system will exit back to the initial setup screen.
5) Press Setup on the control console to exit
Feel free to contact us if further assistance is needed: https://www.soundtouch.com/support
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2016

Hi Eric,

Please read my original question again.

I will connect my Lifestyle V35 to the SoundTouch Wireless Link using the optical cable.

When I've selected the "Add a new device" I'm asked to use a HDMI connection  - it seems like the system does not recognise that the optical cable is connected.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by LN

Hi LN, 

Since optical is only available for inputs 4 and 5, do you have sources already connected to any of the connections on 4 and 5? If you are already using 4 and 5 for other sources but have available HDMI ports, this message will appear since 4 and 5 have already been used. Can you possibly switch what's connected to either 4 or 5 to HDMI and then try to add the Wireless Link via optical? 

Thank you 

View solution in original post