tkbowman45
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2019

Spotify Not Working with SoundTouch app

I’ve been using Spotify on my Wave SoundTouch IV system for the past year using an iPad Pro as my driver. A few days ago Spotify stopped working — both through the SoundTouch app and connecting to the speakers using Spotify Connect directly through Spotify.

The Bose appears on the connection list and appears to connect but no sound comes out of the speakers.

Connection with Spotify through Bluetooth DOES work but this isn’t ideal as all other iPad sounds come through the speaker as well.

Any ideas? I’ve tried all the usual options like rebooting router, reconnecting to WiFi, redownloading apps, signing out and and back in to Spotify, etc.

7 REPLIES 7
Tegan_M

Re: Spotify Not Working with SoundTouch app

Hello tkbowman45, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I'm sorry to hear that Spotify no longer appears to be working within the SoundTouch app. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset of your product. 

To reset the SoundTouch pedestal:

Note: Your SoundTouch settings are not lost during a reset.

• On the back of the SoundTouch pedestal, press and hold the Control button for about 10 seconds until the Wi-Fi light turns off
  • Wait while the pedestal reboots and reconnects to your network. Once reconnected, the light is solid white.

To reset your speaker:

• Disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. If there is a disc in the system, it will automatically eject, then re-insert if not removed within 10 seconds.

Please let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Ohana
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hi, Spotify is not working since yesterday January 11th in our Sound Touch system. Pandora and other services work, and Spotify works from my iPhone. There are no pending updates to download so I don’t know how to fix it. Help! Thanks! 

Keith_L

Hi Ohana,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using Spotify with your SoundTouch system and I would be happy to help with this.

Have you performed the reset process posted by @Tegan_M above already? If not can we try that and see if it improves the situation.

If this does not help, I do have a few questions about what exactly is happening to help me troubleshoot this with you.

When you are trying to play from Spotify to the speaker, are you using the SoundTouch app or Spotify app?

At what point in the process are we running into difficulty? Are we able to access the Spotify library but not play any music? Or are we not able to access Spotify at all?

It would definitely be worth removing and re-adding Spotify to your SoundTouch account as well, you can do this by going to Menu > Settings > Music Services > Spotify, then selecting your account and removing from there. You can then re-add from the same page or the 'Add Music Services' page.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Keith L

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ohana
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your message, sorry for the late reply. I'm using the Sound Touch app to play Spotify, we have the Sound Touch 20 wireless with Sound touch 10 wireless speakers. I have removed Spotify from the Sound Touch app and re-add it and it solved the problem!.  Just in case you need the details for your information, this is what used to happen in the Sound Touch App: I was able to see spotify play lists, search for anything, once I hit play the screen shows spotify on top (as usual) with a blue background and the actual song never displays. The play icon is on the middle, I hit play and nothing happens.   Anyways, not it works and we are happy! Thanks for your help!

Ohana!

Vicky_W

Hey Ohana, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so glad that your issue is now resolved. Thank you for sharing the information to help others. 

Do let us know if you need assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
TimN
Participant
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

I was reading the above thread and I am having the same issue, I am using a soundtouch 300 connected with wi-fi. I can get Radioplayer to work but not Spotify from the soundtouch app. Also from the spotify app, it can't find the soundtouch 300 so only plays through my phone

AlexBemgium
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

I solved it by fully resetting my Bose Device (also cut the power), reïnstall the app on my phone and pair with Spotify