Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Switching between Alexa and Solo

Hello. 

I just bought Solo 15 series 2. 

I'd like to use it with my Amazon Echo Dot and iPhone. 

I have no problem to connect and stream from Echo to Solo. 

The problem is to switch between Solo and Echo. 

What is expectation? Should I be able to switch easily? If it's expected be simple than likely I am doing something wrong. Could someone please explain how it works for you?

Also I noticed that volume level is significantly lower on Echo and I have to increase it on Solo each time when switch from TV. 

Anyway my main concern is switching between Echo and Solo. 

Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switching between Alexa and Solo

Author Accepted Answer selected by Susja

Hi Susja,

Thank you for your inquiry. Assuming you are connecting the Amazon Echo Dot to the Solo 15 II via Bluetooth, you should be able to switch sources by using the Bluetooth button on the Bose remote control. Also, I'd recommend turning up the volume on the Echo itself. This should allow the default volume level to start a bit higher. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

4 REPLIES 4

Author Accepted Answer selected by Susja

Hi Susja,

Thank you for your inquiry. Assuming you are connecting the Amazon Echo Dot to the Solo 15 II via Bluetooth, you should be able to switch sources by using the Bluetooth button on the Bose remote control. Also, I'd recommend turning up the volume on the Echo itself. This should allow the default volume level to start a bit higher. 

Please let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

I am all set now with switching to Alexa.
I turned volume level to max on Echo dot but I still need every time to increase it when I switched from TV. It’s significantly lower...
A little bit not convenient.
Highlighted
Susja
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

Hi Brian,

I still have an issue with Bluetooth and TV switching.

Here's my case:

1. I am using Bluetooth and connected to Echo Dot with no problem. 

2. I want to switch to TV. I stop Alexa. The indicator ligh is still 'white' indicating I'm in Bluetooth mode.

3. I press TV button and 'white' light turned off BUT 'green' light is still on

4. I press 'power on' button and TV + cable modem turned on and TV is playing but I don't have a sound. Note that light from 'green' turned off. Likely that's why I don't have a sound.

My point: how should I switch from Bluetooth mode to TV mode and have no problem with sound and pressing a numerous buttons? What should be the sequence of events?

Thanks

Hi Susja,

Thanks for the question.

Instead of using the main power button to turn everything on (and the Solo system off), use the Source Buttons for TV and CBL, along with the Source Power button to turn on the individual sources.  When you press the big power button, it turns on the other devices, but turns off the Solo system.  The only other way around this would be to use a 3rd party universal remote, like a Logitech Harmony.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support