Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnson62
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

System Functionality Issue with Bose Lifestyle 650 & Sony Tv Model 75 X 9500G

I brought the  Bose LS 48 on 8th Aug 2020.

My Sony Tv Model 75X9500G automatically switches off at an interval of 30, 40 or 60 minutes.

I was told to turn OFF the Bravia Sync setting control by doing that the the TV didn't  switch off.

Disenabling the Bravia sync there was no audio output from my Sony TV speaker nor Bose LS 650.

I am a bit disappointed not sure if there is a fix for this issue.

Thanks

Johnson/Dubai

UAE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: System Functionality Issue with Bose Lifestyle 650 & Sony Tv Model 75 X 9500G

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnson62

Hey @Johnson62,

Thank you for giving those steps a try. When you adjusted the CEC settings in the Unify Menu, although you heard no audio, did you notice the TV still turn off automatically or not? Also on this note, did you start hearing audio through your TV speakers or just no audio at all?

I'd recommend that you give your system an HDMI reset each time after changing the CEC to Default or Alternate, just to ensure the settings are the system can process this. To do this:

1) Unplug the TV and LS650 console from power. Remove the plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from the wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving both units for two minutes, plug the LS650 console back in. Keep the TV unplugged.

3) After waiting a minute, select the TV source on your Lifestyle remote.

4) Plug the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know if you notice any improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: System Functionality Issue with Bose Lifestyle 650 & Sony Tv Model 75 X 9500G

Hi Johnson62,

If you find your TV is turning off when it shouldn't then it could be down to the HDMI-CEC commands between the console and the TV. Turning off Bravia-Sync (Sony's version of CEC) will stop this, but can cause other problems as you have found. The TV and Lifestyle do need CEC enabled to communicate over the HDMI cable.

What you will want to do is re-enable Bravia- Sync on your TV. On some Sony TVs, you will see options in the Bravia Sync settings for Device Auto Power Off and TV Auto Power On, try disabling these features and see if this stops the TV turning itself off.

If neither of these settings does the trick, there is also a setting on the Lifestyle you can change for this. On the Lifestyle, press the Setup button to open the Unify menu and navigate to CEC Settings. On this page, you will see the options for Default On, Alternate On, and Off. In my experience, Sony TVs tend to work best with Alternate On, but try both this and Default On and see which works best for you.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Johnson62
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Hi Keith,

I did re-enable Braiva Sync Turned OFF the Auto Device and Auto Tv ON it didn't work in fact

in 20 min the Tv turned OFF 4 times.

On the Unify Menu, CEC Settings tried both Default On & Alternate On the result was there is no

Audio output from Tv Speakers & LS 650.

Any more tips and tricks?

Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnson62

Hey @Johnson62,

Thank you for giving those steps a try. When you adjusted the CEC settings in the Unify Menu, although you heard no audio, did you notice the TV still turn off automatically or not? Also on this note, did you start hearing audio through your TV speakers or just no audio at all?

I'd recommend that you give your system an HDMI reset each time after changing the CEC to Default or Alternate, just to ensure the settings are the system can process this. To do this:

1) Unplug the TV and LS650 console from power. Remove the plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from the wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving both units for two minutes, plug the LS650 console back in. Keep the TV unplugged.

3) After waiting a minute, select the TV source on your Lifestyle remote.

4) Plug the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know if you notice any improvement!

View solution in original post

Johnson62
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Hi,

I have done the HDMI reset the Audio by default is active on LS 650 is working fine and the Tv 

doesn't switch OFF.

I have now found the real issue when the Tv Speaker is Activated,  The Tv switches of randomly in 1 Hour 3 to 4 times.

Is there a fix for this issue. 

Jessie_O

Hi Johnson62, 

Thank you for coming back to us with this information. 

I'm not 100% sure what you mean so please do correct me if I am wrong. 

I would recommend switching off the TV speakers and allowing the audio to come through on the LS650. This will resolve your issue with the TV switching off and you will get the best quality audio you can. 

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!