Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mega
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

System Menu without remote Lifestyle 28

Hi,

Please tell me that I can acces the system menu on my Lifestyle 28 without the remote control? There must be a way but however simple and obvious this way should be I dont see a setting or menu button on the Bose device. My remote broke and I know I can buy a new one but until I do I would like to access the system menu. How in the world can there be no setting button on the Bose device and why would anyone design it that way? Please tell me there is some kind of button combination or something that lets me access the da.mn menu of this FLAWed design of this thousnds dollars system and dont tell me I can buy a remote....I know that! I want to access the menu without a remote like I can on every other device. Thank You

1 REPLY 1
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: System Menu without remote Lifestyle 28

Hi mega, 

Thank you for the post. Curiously, which version of the Lifestyle 28 do you have? The system was released as series I,II,III, and IV. I ask because the menu structure and buttons are different from the first series to subsequent series. From what you've said it sounds like one of the later series that has both a system and settings menu and used an RC-18 model remote. I'm sorry to say that there is no way to access the system or settings menu without the remote. You will need the remote to access the menu as well as navigate the menu structure. Our apologies for the inconvenience. If you decided to reach out to your local service group, please go HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us".

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support