jinelcrimp8
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Thoughts on a used Bose Acoustimass system?

I have a 10 x 10 office area in my house and wanted to get a setup for mostly music. It's not something I'll use often enough to really justify a pricy system, but I don't want to go so cheap that it's just a waste of money. I thought as a compromise I could go for an older system and the Acoustimas is one I always liked.

I can get the 5.1 for about $200 - $300. Obviously the speakers will have some wear and tear. It's a small area so I'm not worried about having to push a lot of sound through the speakers. The small area also means that regular bookshelf size speakers like my Klipsch RM-15s are just too big.

Any thoughts about a used system like this? Or anything else you can recommend that would fit a budget of about $300, is small in size, and still performs even though it's used?

1 REPLY 1
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Thoughts on a used Bose Acoustimass system?

I would not get a 5.1 system for music.  Most music in 2.0 or 2.1.  Personally, I would grab a Bose Acoustimass 5 from eBay or Amazon.  You will also need a receiver.  What you need besides the speakers, of course, depends on what you are using as a music source.