Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Two questions.(adapt iq and surround 700)

Hey all,

Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated been messing with it for days, and while I do enjoy that process eventually I like to get it working properly:)

So here are my questions:

I have the whole sound bar 700 family hooked up.  I have the rear speakers wall mounted. I was told by someone that will negatively impact the sound and that I want the speaker slightly away from the wall.  Is this true? If so annoying Bose would make a product that makes their own speakers sound worse.  

Second question:

After I run the adapt iq( and I have tried multiple times to make sure it wasn't user error) the sound is muffled, and not close to as full or rich compared to the adapt iq off. Adjusting the eq with it on gets it to sound better, but still seems better with it off. Plus I feel if I have to dramatically adjust the eq to get a similar experience to adaptiq off what's the point.  Any knowledge on this would be great!!

Thanks everyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Two questions.(adapt iq and surround 700)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Patjcoan

Hi Patjcoan, 

Thank you for your post!

Having your speakers wall-mounted will not affect the performance of them.

Regarding ADAPTiQ, would you be able to explain what you mean? You are unable to turn off ADAPTiQ. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Patjcoan

Hi Patjcoan, 

Thank you for your post!

Having your speakers wall-mounted will not affect the performance of them.

Regarding ADAPTiQ, would you be able to explain what you mean? You are unable to turn off ADAPTiQ. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Awesome great to hear that!

As to the adapt:  

It works, however the sound just doesn't sound as full and rich with it turned on.  I can mess with the eq to make it sound better with it on.  But if I have to do that then should I just leave it off?

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to me, @Patjcoan

As mentioned in my last message, you are unable to 'turn off' ADAPTiQ. It is a means of calibrating the audio settings to your listening space. It will always be on. In regards to the EQ, this is there as an ability to adjust the sound to your own personal preference. 

If there is anything else, please let me know!

Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

My apologies for being unclear.

Do I can turn it on or off. But in my opinion it sounds better with it off. However if I turn it on I can mess with the eq to get a sound I enjoy. Would you say having it up with a tweaked eq is the way to go?

Jessie_O

Thanks, @Patjcoan

To be honest with you, it's down to personal preference. If you prefer the settings a certain way then keep them 😊

I hope this helps! 

Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Thanks for the help:)

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Patjcoan wrote:

My apologies for being unclear.

Do I can turn it on or off. But in my opinion it sounds better with it off. However if I turn it on I can mess with the eq to get a sound I enjoy. Would you say having it up with a tweaked eq is the way to go?

I don't think its a matter of Adapt IQ is on or off. This is a bit of technology that allows you to acoustically shape the room by adjusting the various speakers levels. The Adapt IQ will run a cycle and set the speaker levels based on the acoustics of the room.  Once complete Adapt IQ is off and doesn't do any thing. Alternatively you can manually adjust the speaker levels to your preference without using Adapat IQ. 

In short once Adapt IQ has done its task of setting speaker levels etc, the Adapt IQ system is dormant.

Patjcoan
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Mine does stay on after I run it not shut off. But if I understand what you are saying correct. If I have it on and adjust the eq it's "messing" with the adapt iq. So if I mess with the eq with it on I may as well not use it because it's like having it off?

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us @Patjcoan

ADAPTiQ is not something that can be switched on or off, as mentioned by @rickatk. ADAPTiQ is a calibration that is run by monitoring the different sounds and using a headset to make sure you have the best possible sound in your listening space. Once you have run the calibration, the settings remain. Regardless of the adjustments, you make to the EQ. The EQ has been added so that users, like yourself, are able to personalize their listening experience and tweak to preference. I have included a LINK HERE which shows how to run the calibration for your reference.

If there is anything further we can do, please reach out again.