• 0
  • 1
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

US Purchased Wave Music System



I purchased a Bose Wave system in the US in 2007(ish) when I was living and working over there. Its been tucked away in my loft since we returned to the UK a few years ago. I got it out the other day to see if it was a 110 - 240v ac input, as many electronic devices are these days. Unfortunately it only states 110v 50-60HZ. I could buy a external 240v to 110v transformer, but I would be worried about the quality of the waveform output, and I don't want to damage what is a nice machine. 


Is it possible to purchase a 240v transformer to fit into the unit in exchange for the 110 one in there? Its probably a quation that has been asked many times before, but I cann't find any references to it in my searches.



Moderator - Retired
  • 0
  • 1640
  • 96
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: US Purchased Wave Music System

Hello MWMan,


Thanks for your inquiry. We do not recommend the use of Voltage Transformers or other 3rd-party voltage-conversion accessories. An item like this may certainly work, but you will risk damaging the system if the 3rd-party device does not perform as expected. 


Furthermore, any damage caused when using such a device, would not be covered under our Bose product limited warranty. This policy can be found here


Here is an excerpt from this policy:


"What is not covered:


This warranty does not cover defects resulting from improper or unreasonable use or maintenance; failure to follow operating instructions; accident; excess moisture; insects; lightning; power surges; connections to improper voltage supply; unauthorized alteration or modification of original condition; damages caused by inadequate packing or shipping procedures; loss of, damage to or corruption of stored data; damages caused by use with non-Bose products; product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications; and products purchased from unauthorized dealers."


I hope this information is helpful. 


Best regards,