Unable to add services or connect to settings through sound touch app

Quiet Contributor

Unable to add services or connect to settings through sound touch app

I bought a factory renewed Bose Wave Soundtouch IV from the Bose store near me a few days ago.  Started setting it up this morning and generally have it setup.  I appear to have it configured properly to hook up to my wifi, I have been able to stream music from my phone to the unit through bluetooth, over the air radio works and CD is good to go.  Love the sound.  Only things I have not been able to do yet is open settings through the app and add services like Spotify.  Tune in is installed by default, but I have not been able to play a station, as I get a message that says try again later with an error code of 1005.  I have been looking for what a 1005 stands for, but have not been able to chase that down search the web just yet.

Finally, I am hung up trying to pull down the updates.  System states Speaker updating, but the progress meter on the app just sits on 0%.

Any help would be appreciated, as these issues are really all that is left to have the system fully good to go.

2 REPLIES 2
Quiet Contributor

Re: Unable to add services or connect to settings through sound touch app

Well as it turned out, fixed the problem by hooking my laptop directly to the unit and doing a manual update. Once that update was done, everything started to work.

Re: Unable to add services or connect to settings through sound touch app

Hi Raider Power,

Thanks for the post, and thank you for posting your resolution!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support