I have just picked up my new Bose Soundbar 500. I am having troubles connecting it to wifi/mobile app.
As the white light is flashing and then light turns amber ready to connect, I select the soundbar through my wifi connection on iPhone, upon doing so go back into the Bose app and press next. At this point I just get a continuous 'Please Wait' as it loads which has been left for well over 10/15 minutes on multiple occasions. Having read around I have seen once connected to the soundbar via my iPhone to go onto 'http://192.0.2.1' via my browser, however when I do this add my wifi details and it says the soundbar is connected to wifi and the light turns white and I head back to the app it says I have lost connection to the soundbar and I can't get any further.
Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong here.
Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!
Do you know if your iPhone is reconnecting to your home Wi-Fi after connecting the soundbar?
Is there a different smartphone you can complete setup with? Either an iPhone or Android?
Let us know so we can get this working for you.
Brandon - Community Support
Thanks for your response.
I have just tried on another Iphone and I'm having the same luck.
To determine if I'm going wrong anywhere this is the current status I'm at;
- Bose soundbar 500 is turned on and has a amber light
- Go onto Bose app
- Select my Bose soundbar 500 in the wifi menu as stated within the setup
- Go back to bose app and press setup
- If I exit the app and go back onto it, it says 'Connected to speaker, you're connected to a soundtouch speaker. please reconnect to your home network from your settings menu. or if you wish to set up the speaker, tap the setup button below.
- at this point the app constently flashes telling me to 'please wait' and nothing happens
Am I missing a stage or to do something here?
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the update! If it's providing this message, it sounds like you're using the SoundTouch app. Can you check the app store for the Bose Music app? I think this should resolve the setup issues we're seeing here.