Highlighted
D_Morris1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Unable to connect Bose Soundbar 500 to app/wifi

Hi, 

I have just picked up my new Bose Soundbar 500. I am having troubles connecting it to wifi/mobile app. 

As the white light is flashing and then light turns amber ready to connect, I select the soundbar through my wifi connection on iPhone, upon doing so go back into the Bose app and press next. At this point I just get a continuous 'Please Wait' as it loads which has been left for well over 10/15 minutes on multiple occasions. Having read around I have seen once connected to the soundbar via my iPhone to go onto 'http://192.0.2.1' via my browser, however when I do this add my wifi details and it says the soundbar is connected to wifi and the light turns white and I head back to the app it says I have lost connection to the soundbar and I can't get any further. 

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong here. 

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Unable to connect Bose Soundbar 500 to app/wifi

Hi D_Morris1,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Do you know if your iPhone is reconnecting to your home Wi-Fi after connecting the soundbar?

Is there a different smartphone you can complete setup with?  Either an iPhone or Android?

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
D_Morris1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Hi there, 

Thanks for your response. 

I have just tried on another Iphone and I'm having the same luck. 

To determine if I'm going wrong anywhere this is the current status I'm at; 

- Bose soundbar 500 is turned on and has a amber light 

- Go onto Bose app 

- Select my Bose soundbar 500 in the wifi menu as stated within the setup

- Go back to bose app and press setup

- If I exit the app and go back onto it, it says 'Connected to speaker, you're connected to a soundtouch speaker. please reconnect to your home network from your settings menu. or if you wish to set up the speaker, tap the setup button below. 

- at this point the app constently flashes telling me to 'please wait' and nothing happens

Am I missing a stage or to do something here?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi D_Morris1,

Thanks for the update!  If it's providing this message, it sounds like you're using the SoundTouch app.  Can you check the app store for the Bose Music app?  I think this should resolve the setup issues we're seeing here. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A