Highlighted
rails42
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Unit will not turn on

We have a Bose Solo tv sound system Model # 410376.It will not turn on.We changed the battery in remote and unpluged the unit for 5 minutes and still nothing.It used to work for years and it stop working.I don't know if the remote went bad or the unit went bad

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unit will not turn on

Hello @rails42

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the Bose Solo system, and would be happy to work on this with you!

With regards to your power issues, as you've already tried to replace the remote batteries here I would not suggest this again. 

Depending on which of the remotes you have with this system will decide what would be the best practice here. If this is the universal remote, I would advise that you check to see if the remote can control other devices here - If this is the case, then the issue is likely with the console. If not, then this is likely a remote issue.

Alternatively, if you have the smaller, 4 button remote, does this seem to product any kind of LED at the tip of the remote, or is there no indication of this?

Lastly, could you check another power outlet/power cable to see if there is any change here?

I look forward to hearing back so I can assist further!

Liam

Community Support

CSABBOTT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

I am having the same issue.  The device simply stopped working one day and will not turn on.  No lights on the front, no reboot tones when power is restored after the specified time.  I'm pretty sure the remote is okay (4 button); the battery was replaced, and I can see the IR led flash when pointed at my webcam when buttons are pressed.

Hi, CSABBOTT.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that your Solo TV isn't showing any signs of life. If you have tried another power outlet and ensured that all the connections are snug, I suggest calling our technical support department by telephone to find out which service options are available. To find the correct number, please select your country from this list. Then, on the subsequent page, scroll to the bottom and click "Contact Us".