Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Universal Remote Code for Bush TV

I have the Solo 5 and am trying to pair the universal remote to my new Bush TV. The code in the manual (0157) does not work. I have paired other devices with no problem so why isn't this working! Can anyone help please??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Universal Remote Code for Bush TV

Hi jennaturner88,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing with programming your TV to the Bose universal remote control. Curiously, did you also try using the Volume + and - buttons to test additional internal codes? See the full programming steps HERE. Be sure to pay special attention to step number 8. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards!

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2017

Hi,
Yes I did use the volume + and - buttons and followed the instructions on how to do it but there was only one code in the manual for a Bush TV and it doesn’t work. Any other ideas please?

Thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello jennaturner88,

Sorry to hear this did not resolve the issue. The reason there is one code per manufacturer is because the way the code was written, but by using the volume + allows the remote to cycle through the different codes under that particular manufacturer. If you can supply me with the model number of this TV, I will be more than happy to pass this to development for consideration. The Bose universal remote has the codes built into the chip in the remote and is unable to be upgraded with newer model TV's, this would have to be developed into a new universal remote. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support