Highlighted
Frosty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Upgraded from 535 Series III to Bose Lifestyle 650. Issues with Extremely Low Treble

Hi everyone. I am honestly disappointed with my purchase. I upgraded from the lifestyle 535 Series III to 650 and find the treble is lacking. One setting I had noticed on the 535 is that if I don't run AdaptIQ, the treble would go up to 14 and post AdaptIQ, the treble would stay at 10. However, with the 650, it is locked to 10 regardless of AdaptIQ or not. Not to mention the AdaptIQ didn't do anything special.

Is there a way to get better treble settings for this? I called up the customer support and they advised me to put a blanket on the speaker and run the adaptIQ. Will, that work? Is there anything I'm missing?

What do you all think?

5 REPLIES 5
Frosty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Upgraded from 535 Series III to Bose Lifestyle 650. Issues with Extremely Low Treble

No One has faced this issue?

Re: Upgraded from 535 Series III to Bose Lifestyle 650. Issues with Extremely Low Treble

Hi Frosty!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

You can absolutely give this a go however there is no guarantee that this should improve the treble. 

Are you experiencing the same issue across all sources? Or is it specific to one source?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Jessie - Community Support

Frosty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

The Issue was with NVidia Shield. In the Audio Setting, it was set to create a surround effect. I have disabled it since and the sound is better.

Frosty
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

As an update on the Treble and Bass issue, if you cover the speakers and the subwoofer with a thick cloth and run AdaptIQ, the end result will be in a much higher treble and bass setting. I'm surprised we have to go around the fundamentals to things to work correctly but I guess bose likes its mid-range to truetones. Just wanted to share my experience so it may help others some day.

Hi Frosty, 

Many thanks for your update. Hopefully others will find this useful who are facing a similar issue.

Have a great day.

Leon_C - Community Support