Using both optical and HDMI ARC inputs on Soundtouch 300 and Soundbar 700

SOLVED
Highlighted
sbs
Animated Arbiter

Using both optical and HDMI ARC inputs on Soundtouch 300 and Soundbar 700

Hello, Wow, this is already my second question of the day! I was wondering if one can use - 

1. on Soundtouch 300: both the inputs -  HDMI and optical digital audio connection - simlulatenously, and switch between then through TV remote or Bose Music app
  2. on Soundbar 700: all three  inputs - Optical TOSLink, HDMI ARC, eARC  - simlulatenously, and switch between then through TV remote or Soundtouch app

Thanks

sbs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by sbs

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Using both optical and HDMI ARC inputs on Soundtouch 300 and Soundbar 700

Hi Sbs,

Thank you for your great question!

To put it simply, I'll break down the inputs for each system. The fundamentals, however, are that there are two "main" input ports to both SoundTouch 300 and Soundbar 700 systems; HDMI ARC and Optical. These two ports on both systems are read as a TV input together simultaneously, and there is currently no functionality to differentiate the two as "sources" from the alternate ports. The SoundTouch application and Bose Music application at present are also unable to change the input selections for either SoundTouch 300 or Soundbar 700 to the HDMI or Optical "TV" inputs. I'd love to forward your feedback to our product development team as a feature request, however.

While the Soundbar 700 is compatible with eARC, this is accommodated through one, single HDMI port and I would like to highlight that this is not an additional input port.

The SoundTouch 300, however, offers one additional HDMI input port - this is specifically used as a pass-through in instances whereby there are not enough HDMI input ports to the source device (TV), passing the video to the TV and playing the audio directly to the SoundTouch 300. 

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hi Sbs,

Thank you for your great question!

To put it simply, I'll break down the inputs for each system. The fundamentals, however, are that there are two "main" input ports to both SoundTouch 300 and Soundbar 700 systems; HDMI ARC and Optical. These two ports on both systems are read as a TV input together simultaneously, and there is currently no functionality to differentiate the two as "sources" from the alternate ports. The SoundTouch application and Bose Music application at present are also unable to change the input selections for either SoundTouch 300 or Soundbar 700 to the HDMI or Optical "TV" inputs. I'd love to forward your feedback to our product development team as a feature request, however.

While the Soundbar 700 is compatible with eARC, this is accommodated through one, single HDMI port and I would like to highlight that this is not an additional input port.

The SoundTouch 300, however, offers one additional HDMI input port - this is specifically used as a pass-through in instances whereby there are not enough HDMI input ports to the source device (TV), passing the video to the TV and playing the audio directly to the SoundTouch 300. 

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

sbs
Animated Arbiter

Thanks a ton Andy! Greatly appreciate it.