Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregMindham
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

V35 and Soundbar

I have. V35 system and when watching movies the dialog is not as clear as it could be. I have adjust the volume level on the centre speaker and the treble but still not right. 
I am wondering if I can add a soundbar 500 to the TV and run at the same time as the surround sound?

I am not sure if there will be a delay from the tv speaker to the other speakers. 
please help. 

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: V35 and Soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by GregMindham

Realistically, no.  Even if you could connect it, it won't work as a center speaker. 

So what you would be getting would be front L/R and surround L/R from the V35 and Stereo L/R from the Soundbar (since you would likely be connecting via a 3.5mm/RCA cable).  The adapt IQ calibration would be thrown out of whack and it would sound messy as you're getting the same sounds from different places.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@GregMindham wrote:

I have. V35 system and when watching movies the dialog is not as clear as it could be. I have adjust the volume level on the centre speaker and the treble but still not right. 
I am wondering if I can add a soundbar 500 to the TV and run at the same time as the surround sound?

I am not sure if there will be a delay from the tv speaker to the other speakers. 
please help. 

It might be possible, but I don't believe that would be a good idea and as you pointed out, an audio delay would be one of my primary concerns with a setup like that.

Though there might be a better solution. I made a guide to help people get the best out of their system. 

Check it out and let us know if this helps solve your issue 🙂

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by GregMindham

Realistically, no.  Even if you could connect it, it won't work as a center speaker. 

So what you would be getting would be front L/R and surround L/R from the V35 and Stereo L/R from the Soundbar (since you would likely be connecting via a 3.5mm/RCA cable).  The adapt IQ calibration would be thrown out of whack and it would sound messy as you're getting the same sounds from different places.

View solution in original post

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@Morlock wrote:

Correct this could never be a replacement speaker for the V35. While theoretically, you could split the audio and send them to both as independent systems. The issues with lag would most likely make this a solution that should be avoided. Not only that but as you pointed out, the SoundBar 500 would then get all 5.1 channels and again defeat the purpose of doing this.

You would also have to adjust the volume on two different systems (I don't believe that Universal remotes have the option to control two Audio systems at the same time). I am sure there are many other reasons that doing this might not be advisable. So check the guide and see if there is an option there that can help. 

Also, don't forget that the V35 has its own internal audio settings. So see if any help 🙂

GregMindham
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Thanks for the response Neon

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@GregMindham wrote: