Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2016

VIZIO E60-E3--Lifstyle 525 III

I hooked up the TV and all is good, but when I go to use Smart Cast, there is no sound.  It appears I need to hook up another line from the BOSE Lifestyle to the TV.  Any suggestions?  Want to use the smart TV NETFLIX.  I have been using the apple TV, but I would like to use it on another system.

Thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2016

Re: VIZIO E60-E3--Lifstyle 525 III

Author Accepted Answer selected by jwecht

purchased a optical cable hooked it up to #4 optic port. I now have sound going through the Lifstyle 525 III  Very awkward way to play netflix or use the smart tv. VIZEO has to come up with a better solution. 

Thanks for the help

Jim Wecht

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for providing the model number of your TV. We always appreciate that. We have some ideas on how to accomplish this for you. First, we'd like to learn more. Can you provide the connections that you have between the television and your Lifestyle system? For instance, what cables you are using and where they are connected on each device? That way, we'll ensure that we provide the best solution. 

Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2016

One HDMI from the Bose 525III There are HDMI cables from DVD, cable box, and the Apple TV that go into the back of the 525III. There is a WIFI so I can play music from my computer, lap top,tablet, and phone. This is a surround system.  I want to get the audio to pass through the 525III to get the surround sound.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for your clarification. That HDMI cable is going to send a video signal from the Lifestyle system to the TV. We'll want to get audio from the TV back to the Lifestyle using an optical cable. That will connect from the TV's audio output to the connection on the Lifestyle console that says TV Audio In. In the TV's audio menu, check the speaker setting to make sure it is set to Auto or Off (this refers to the TV's internal speakers). Here is a link to the TV's manual that shows this setting (page 45)  https://cdn.vizio.com/documents/e60e3/um-e60e3.pdf

Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by jwecht

purchased a optical cable hooked it up to #4 optic port. I now have sound going through the Lifstyle 525 III  Very awkward way to play netflix or use the smart tv. VIZEO has to come up with a better solution. 

Thanks for the help

Jim Wecht

View solution in original post