waileabill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 18, 2016

VS-2 Video Enhancer

I posted my problem under a different title (Lifestyle 48), but the difficulty is actually with the use of the video enhancer.   This add-on is needed to connect a modern TV to the old Lifestyle system.  I added mine after updating the software and connected the Cable Box/DVR to the VS-2 with HDMI cable and from the VS-2 to the TV with HDMI, per the instructions.  But I find that the sound does not get through unless I change the settings/Audio to use the TV speakers rather than the (default) Bose speakers.  All the direct stuff (CD, FM, stored music) still works fine (but it of course does not go through the VS-2).  Anyone out there with a working VS-2?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: VS-2 Video Enhancer

Thank you for asking. We can help. The VS-2 is designed to accommodate HDMI for video. However, there is no audio signal in this current setup going to the console. We'll want to run audio (typically, either optical or RCA) from the cable box to the Bose console. If you choose optical, keep in mind that you'll also want to choose CBL-SAT as the optical source within the Lifestyle System menu. Let us know if you have further questions about this. 

bbrandimarte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Hi,

Checking in to see if this recommendation had positive results.

Also, regarding the VS2 Video Enhancer update CD.  Is this available via download?  I'm having a difficult time locating the CD to update my Lifestyle 48 to use the VS2.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi bbrandimarte,

Thanks for the question.  The update isn't available for download, but you can contact your local service center, and we'll be more than happy to send it out to you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

bbrandimarte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Thank you.

bbrandimarte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

I discussed the problem with Bose support and together we found that the VS2 Update CD would likely get my LS48 to recognize the VS2.  I received the CD and after installing the update the VS2 is activeand working via an HDMI connection to my TV.

Thank you for all your help.

Not a problem bbrandimarte!

Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

vmcompetello
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2018

Where and how did you gett he CD?  I've been looking for one and called and emailed Bose several times!  Same problem withtheVS-2.

bbrandimarte
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Hi,

I called the Bose support line (unfortunately I don't have the number handy.....) and requested the VS2 Update CD.  The call took a while, since the rep wanted to review all current procedures to try and rectify the problem.  I suspected the procedures did not include my legacy configuration that uses the original Liftstyle 48 system.

After not much success, the rep confered with some other experts it was decided that the VS2 update CD would likely help.  Based on the current documentation, it was unclear if the VS2 CD would upate the LS48; as opposed to the later models (like series 2 and 3) of LS48. They happily sent me the CD free of charge and thankfully it turned out that it did in-fact update my LS48 console properly to recognize and use the VS2 extender.

Hope this helps.

Hi @vmcompetello,

Thank you for posting. As mentioned by @bbrandimarte, contact your local customer service group for the CD. If you go HERE, select your country, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed.

Hi @bbrandimarte,

Thank you for helping out on the community. This is always appreciated!!

Kind Regards,

Joel