Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan600
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Video defect w/ lifestyle 600

When using the Bose 600 there are times when a green line shows up on the left or right side of my 65" LCD TV. If I switch to another input connected directly to the TV the line disappears. When changing back to Bose the line returns. When I reset the 600 the line goes away for a while.

Any ideas? Anyone else had this issue?

The 600 is up to date.
5 REPLIES 5
Squadie
Mentor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Re: Video defect w/ lifestyle 600

Hi Bryan600
I also get this once in a while, if your tv is uhd, and the source connected to the Bose is upscaling uhd, you sometimes, get clipping of resolution, hence the green line normally on the right hand side, this to me though is happening less and less, switching the Bose source rectifies this for me.
Bryan600
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi Squadie,

This seems to make sense, because this problem seems to always start when using my bluray player, but when I switch source, it doesn't always fix it. Turning off the bose and back on does fix it. However, if I use the bluray player again the green line eventually comes back. On the BR player the 4k upscale is turned off, so it should not be upscaling. I let the TV do the 4k upscaling only. Any device I have connected directly to the TV doesn't replicate the problem. So, at least I do know it's the bose passthrough in some way. Am I missing a setting on the bluray players that could fix this?

Squadie
Mentor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Bryan600
I have my Blueray set on 4k (Panasonic UB900), to me the pic quality is improved by this?
All my other devices, pS4 pro, Sky Q uhd all transmit in 4k or up scaled 4k.
My problem occurs when after playing 3d games on ps4, 720p resolution 😞 Then switching the Bose to pass through 4k Sky or Blueray, the green line never has appeared on the games console?
But like I said earlier, this occurrence seems to be happening less. Sometimes I have to switch the Bose source 2 -3 times to say bye to the green line 🙂
For myself, I'm keeping an eye on this before, contacting customer service but, it all depends on how much this bothers each and every individual.
If you contact them, just let them know, others are also having the same problem.
All the Best

Bryan600
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Well, I contacted my local Bose rep about it and linked to this page, so hopefully he can figure something out.

However, I did notice that when I do switch the inputs 2 or 3 times as you suggested, the green line eventually goes away for a while. So that was a good tip. Turning the unit completely off and back on was a pain because the Bluray player takes so long to get back up and running with the movie.

Let's see how good Bose support really is.

Squadie
Mentor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Hi Bryan600

To early to fully report but, I've found the green line does not appear when i switch off pixel shift on my Tv whilst switching to different resolution (source) through the Bose console, with my Tv being a Oled, this is needed to combat screen burn, I do recall some LCDs also having this option, screen burn can happen on LCDs (image retention) but, has a wider tolerance level than Oled / Plasma.

Have you also tried switching HDMI cable from the Bose to the Tv with a good high speed one, the cable could also cause resolution issues as well.  We may be waiting some time for a firmware update 😞