Ross Trilsbeck
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Volume control of Soundtouch 300 with Xinfinity remote control

Can the soundtouch 300 volume be controled with a Comcast Xfinity XR11 remote control? If so, HOW! I can get the XR11 to turn the soundbar off and on but can't adjust the volume unless I use the Bose remote. What a drag having to keeping track of two remotes. My wife wants me to return the soundtouch 300 if I cant get the figure this out.

Ross

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ross Trilsbeck
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Re: Volume control of Soundtouch 300 with Xinfinity remote control

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ross Trilsbeck

It's a keeper. Not exatly sure what I did but the XR11 remote now controls the soundtouch 300 volume. So my wife is happy she only has to use one controller that she is already familiar with. I did a factory reset of the XR11, then I followed some simple on sceen (TV) instuctions when I tried to use the XR11 voice command. Then bamm TV and Bose now power on and volume can be controlled using XR11.

Ross 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Ross Trilsbeck
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ross Trilsbeck

It's a keeper. Not exatly sure what I did but the XR11 remote now controls the soundtouch 300 volume. So my wife is happy she only has to use one controller that she is already familiar with. I did a factory reset of the XR11, then I followed some simple on sceen (TV) instuctions when I tried to use the XR11 voice command. Then bamm TV and Bose now power on and volume can be controlled using XR11.

Ross 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Ross,

Glad to hear that it's working for you now!

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Best Regards,

Brandon