KAWFHW
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Want to integrate Older Bose LifeStyle AV28 Speakers to Newer System

I have an AV28 Home Entertainment system (circa 2002) and of course it does not have HDMI.

It and the speakers still work well and since the speakers are wired through my walls and ceilings already I would like to still use them.

Do any of the new units/systems that would use HDMI to connect from the DISH receiver to the 4K TV connect to these older speakers (of course they have the special speaker jacks)? So, essentally I am looking for a NEW/modern Bose "entertainment system/unit" that still connects with the OLD Bose speakers.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Want to integrate Older Bose LifeStyle AV28 Speakers to Newer System

Author Accepted Answer selected by KAWFHW

While the Lifestyle systems are integrated and the components are not designed to be interchangeable, you can certainly use your existing system with a 4K TV. Typically, this would involve running the HDMI connections directly to the TV and running the TV's audio output to the Lifestyle system. If you'd like assistance with the best setup for your individual needs, you can speak with our technical experts-we'll look at everything you have and figure out the best way to integrate it all. You can reach local support HERE

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ryan_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by KAWFHW

While the Lifestyle systems are integrated and the components are not designed to be interchangeable, you can certainly use your existing system with a 4K TV. Typically, this would involve running the HDMI connections directly to the TV and running the TV's audio output to the Lifestyle system. If you'd like assistance with the best setup for your individual needs, you can speak with our technical experts-we'll look at everything you have and figure out the best way to integrate it all. You can reach local support HERE

View solution in original post

KAWFHW
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Thank you! That worked perfectly!