Highlighted
stevehughes1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Wave III CD Player won't read CDs in bay 2,3&4

I recently purchased a used Wave lll with a multi CD changer. The setup seemed to go well until I tried to play a CD on any of the bays on the changer. The same CD would play great on slot #1  but when I tried to play the same CD in any of the other slots the screen displayed disc not readable. I checked all of the connections and everything seemed to be hooked up properly. I also tried other Cds to see if any others were readable but no luck. Does anyone have any clues as to my problem? Help would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Wave III CD Player won't read CDs in bay 2,3&4

Hi stevehughes1,

Thank you for your inquiry! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with the Wave Music System Multi-CD Changer. I'd be happy to assist. 

First, do you happen to know if the previous owner ever used the Multi-CD changer? If so, there would have been a software update disc that needs to be inserted into the top unit, before connecting the bottom piece (CD changer). It is possible that you may need to run this disc. 

Otherwise, let's first try a product reset:

1. If there are discs in the system, eject them whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Multi-CD Changer. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. “-PLEASE WAIT-“ will appear in the display. Do not press any buttons on the remote until the message appears
    1. If there is a disc in the system that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
    2. If there are discs in the Multi-CD Changer that were not previously ejected, these discs should eject starting with the first occupied slot
      1. If the first disc that ejects is not removed within 10 seconds it will automatically reload and no other discs in the Multi-CD Changer will eject
      2. If the first disc that ejects is removed, the next occupied slot with a disc will eject. Each disc must be pulled out as they eject to retrieve all three discs
  6. Once the “-PLEASE WAIT-“ message disappears, retest the system

If the above steps don't help, or you feel you may need to obtain a software disc, I'd recommend reaching out directly to your local Bose Technical Support Team by phone. Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'.

Best regards,

Brian

stevehughes1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: Wave III CD Player won't read CDs in bay 2,3&4

Thanks for your input . The suggestions didn't help. I decided to exchange the unit foranother.