Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Wave III MultiCD Changer BoseLink cable covers AUX Port

I finally got around to looking for a way to connect a cell phone or other auxiliary device to my Wave III system.  I have a MultiCD changer connected to the the base unit using the BoseLink connector.  But I notice that the cable has a strange connector at the base unit where the cable connects to the BoseLink port and also intentionally covers the AUX port.  
bose 2 cropped.jpg

So the question is, why does it do so, or in other words, if I were to cut off that part of the cable and connect something to AUX would that be bad?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Wave III MultiCD Changer BoseLink cable covers AUX Port

Hi jepeneter,

Thank you for your post. This is a great question! The Muli-Disc Changer's multipin connector does indeed cover the Wave Music System's AUX input. This is on purpose. Please do not cut that part of the cord off and attempt to use the AUX input while the disc changer is connected. 

The reason is that the MDC (Multi-Disc Changer) overrides this input while it is connected. This is because the MDC has it's own AUX inputs (stereo-RCA). When you switch the Wave Music System's source to AUX 1 or AUX 2, it will default to read the stereo-RCA inputs on the MDC, not the AUX port on the main system. 

If you'd like to connect a smartphone or another auxiliary device, you will need a 3.5mm to stereo-RCA audio cable. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Re: Wave III MultiCD Changer BoseLink cable covers AUX Port

Brian,

Thanks for the great answer.