Wave IV System not showing on WiFi but is connected

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Wave IV System not showing on WiFi but is connected

Installed my new Wave Sound System IV.  Couldn’t configure through USB to MAC so used sound touch app on iPad.  System connected to WiFi and downloaded upgrades.  On the Sound Touch app it shows connected as Bluetooth not WiFi.  Cannot see on Airplay, on my iPad, iPhone or Mac.  Frustrating.  My Bose Wireless speaker works fine.  System is useless to me without Airplay.  Any suggestions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by Zendafa

Accepted Solutions
Audible Advocate

Re: Wave IV System not showing on WiFi but is connected

Thank you, I’ll see if I can find he Calm radio stations I want.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Zendafa, 

Thanks for your post ad welcome to the community, we will certainly be able to assist you with this.

As the speaker is showing on the Soundtouch app, it appears to be connected to your WiFi. In the Soundtouch app when you select your speaker name at the bottom of the app, you should see 3 source buttons - Soundtouch, Bluetooth and AUX. If you select Soundtouch this will allow you to play internet radio and other online premium music subscription services such as Spotify and Pandora. I'm afraid that the Soundtouch Wave IV music system does not support Apple Airplay and instead supports Bluetooth. 

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Thank you for the reply.  Bluetooth worked.  On the SoundTouch app though I only have 2 buttons/icons - SoundTouch and Bluetooth, no AUX.  Can you play any paid music subscriptions or just the certain ones.  I was hoping to play Calm Radio.

Thanks again...  

Community Manager

Hi Zendafa,

Thank you for updating us. 

You can use the SoundTouch Wave Music System IV's remote alternatively to select the auxiliary line as an input should you not be presented with the selection within the SoundTouch application.

With the SoundTouch application you can utilise a wide range of radio stations from built-in services of TuneIn, which hosts multiple Calm Radio stations.

More information on how to access this can be found in a video guide HERE.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thank you, I’ll see if I can find he Calm radio stations I want.