Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Wave Music System III CD player won't play any CD

I bought a Wave Music System III 18 months ago at a Bose Outlet Store.  CD's would play intermittently for the first nine months, and then, whenever a CD was inserted into the slot, the display would say "Reading Disc" and flash that message for a few seconds and then say "Disc Not Playable."  I sent my Wave to the Boser factory dfor repair undr warranty.  When returned a few weeks later, everythinbg worked fine.  CD's would play normally.  Recently, the old problem has returned: "Disc Not Playable" after the system tried to read the disc.  This happens with any disc I insert.  I have tried the one-minute and two-minutes unplug/reset procedures.

Is there any help for this?  Is my warranty repair covered for another year?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Re: Wave Music System III CD player won't play any CD

Author Accepted Answer selected by BruceC

I received a prepaid shipping label from Bose and returned my Wave Music System III to be repaired.  Repairs were completed much faster than the first time I sent it in about seven months ago and I received my repaired Wave today.  Bose replaced the CD-slot drive during this repair; they had not indicated they did that the first time.  The system plays beautifully, just as you would expect a Bose product to play.

Thank you, Bose!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi BruceC, 

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear the issue has returned.  It sounds like your unit may still be under warranty since it was recently repaired. Please reach out to your local service group to have them assist. If you go to the site HERE, select your country, scroll down and click on "Contact Us" you should see their phone number. 

Thank you 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Thank you.  I have contacted Bose USA via e-mail and am awaiting a reply.

Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by BruceC

I received a prepaid shipping label from Bose and returned my Wave Music System III to be repaired.  Repairs were completed much faster than the first time I sent it in about seven months ago and I received my repaired Wave today.  Bose replaced the CD-slot drive during this repair; they had not indicated they did that the first time.  The system plays beautifully, just as you would expect a Bose product to play.

Thank you, Bose!

View solution in original post

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Thanks for letting us know, BruceC.  Happy to hear you're enjoying the system again!