Highlighted
janthonydc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Wave Music System Multi CD changer assessory

The CD Player in the unit works but all I get when I try and use the changer is DISK ERROR!

I know no one can tell me exactly whats wrong with it but I would appreciate any ideas someone might have.

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wave Music System Multi CD changer assessory

Hello janthonydc! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble, but am glad to assist. To best provide some troubleshooting, are you able to tell me which Wave system you have?

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Buzzard
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

I have the same problem in that the CD changer (3 disc) for a Wave III does not play CD's. The discs insert fine, are read and then a disc error is displayed.  All three slots provide the same result.  The disc in question plays fine in the Wave III main component.

Hello Buzzard! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening, but would like to help! Let's try resetting your Wave III and Multi-disc changer with the following steps:

1. If there are discs in the system, eject them whenever possible
  2. Turn the system off
  3. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the WMS MDC. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. “-PLEASE WAIT-“ will appear in the display. Do not press any buttons on the remote until the message appears
    1. If there is a disc in the WMS that was not previously ejected, the disc should eject. The disc will automatically reload if it is not removed within 10 seconds
    2. If there are discs in the WMS MDC that were not previously ejected, these discs should eject starting with the first occupied slot
      1. If the first disc that ejects is not removed within 10 seconds it will automatically reload and no other discs in the MDC will eject
      2. If the first disc that ejects is removed, the next occupied slot with a disc will eject. Each disc must be pulled out as they eject to retrieve all three discs
  6. Once the “-PLEASE WAIT-“ message disappears, retest the system

If this does not resolve the "Disc Error" message please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support