wozman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

Wave music system Sold from 2004 - 2012 (Response range?)

Hello, Simple question:

What is the frequency response of the Wave music system (2004-2012)?

Seems like it bottoms around 60, and tops out around 15k? Hard to tell. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Wave music system Sold from 2004 - 2012 (Response range?)

Author Accepted Answer selected by wozman

Bose does not publish these specifications. The reason for this is that we believe such statistics do not add very much to an understanding of an audio product's acoustic characteristics and, even worse, can be misleading. Audio manufacturers make these measurements independent of industry standards, and in varying conditions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by wozman

Bose does not publish these specifications. The reason for this is that we believe such statistics do not add very much to an understanding of an audio product's acoustic characteristics and, even worse, can be misleading. Audio manufacturers make these measurements independent of industry standards, and in varying conditions.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Socrates
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

As you've already neen told, Bose does not publish that information.  In my opinion, they have good reason.  Human hearing is frequently stated as 10-20,000 Hz but that's valid only at the instant of birth.  Hearing goes down hill immediately afterwards and the high frequencies are impacted the most (the eardrum gets brittle with aging).  I'm 73 and I doubt if I can hear anything outside of 60-8000.  HOWEVER, the human body also feels sound; that contributes to the total experience but it's pretty much not measurable.

I guess the bottom line is simply "Does it sound good to you?"